+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Proposal in just three days

Proposal in just three days

Quite surprised i am ... The past few days i was attending a training programme session with other members from different places. In the afternoon, I was giving another training programme for some trainee. One of my trainees was attending the morning session with me so i was training him. He is in a relationship and has kids and lives with his partner. The third day of my training - which means we only met for less than 3 days - he proposed to me!

When i said that is a joke since he is a very funny person, he swore that is what he wants. I told him i can't start a relationship by breaking another since he confirmed he has a woman and kids, he replied saying he will not announce this marriage to everyone which seems like he wants it in secret. I am lonely and need some company but not like that.

I refused his offer, he did not stop but kept irritating me and saying 'he is tired' just to me during my training. As it was the normal procedure to exchange our details before all that happened, he said you have my details and if you changed your mind just let me know. He is 11 years older than me. Let me know, have i done the right thing? and what if he rang me, what will i do?
    Thanks

He's an asshole. He's trying to have a woman on the side while he has a current relationship and children?

I'm glad you didn't accept that. Kudos for not falling into the trap that others do... letting loneliness kill their judgment.

O_O was this a part of the training? To see if you would fall for it...This guy is an ass. good for you.

The right person will come along and he will have no attachments. Again good for you.

Thank you guys, what i felt was like i chose properly the first time (ten years ago), he had the same job like me, only 6 years older, nice looking , BUT my marriage FAILED. So why on earth will i start a new relation while a complete family is around.. i told him that this breaks the whole thing and he made fun of it saying do you need a full timer, i replied YES.

Thank you again for encouraging me to stick to what i told him on the spot, actually i do not see i will regret it.

What you said he is an asshole is the right word for him.

And even if he wasn't in a relationship, three days is far too early to be proposing to anyone.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    F*ck that faggot.

You done good.

If he did not have a family, i would have started dating him to know more about his character. but that closed the whole story from the beginning. I know it is not the right start to ask for marriage but some people do that to send a message saying they are serious and not joking. You will laugh if you knew he invited me before that to his office then to his own surgery and told me his bro works as a tv presenter, i thought at the beginning he wanted me for his bro! i didnt know it was him he was talking about...

ohh Frasbee, first time to agree on what I do or say... lucky me..

lol 3 days, thats pitiful just to think that there are guys out there that are that unclassy, yea you def did the right thing, what a scumbag, had kids and everything...just wow lol
    Disaster alert. Disaster alert. Teenage Marriage. Disaster alert.

sorry but this guy sounds like a joke!

Run away! Panic! It's like the Titanic!

But it's full of bears!

Lipp: titanic! nice resemblance... I did that and really i thought it was a joke but he swore he is serious. Sometimes, you cant differentiate between jokes and real words when they come of such a hilarious character.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not sure why anyone would entertain the idea of someone like this being even remotely sane. He is probably either mentally ill, or he thinks you are really dumb enough to fall for such a stupid line. In either case, I would certainly not be flattered.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

a stupid person is the one who expects a certified academic trainer to be dumb...