+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Afraid to love him

Afraid to love him

So there is this guy. He seems to like me. He goes out of his way to say hello whenever we happen to meet. He seems like a really great guy. I'm attracted to him. I see him and for days I can't get him out of my head. Everytime I see him I automatically get a big smile on my face.

I want to talk to him. But then I don’t because I don’t know what to say to him. At times I avoid him. I think he knows I like him.

I’ve been thinking about what’s wrong with me. And it boils down to this. I do like him. But I’m afraid at the same time. I’m afraid I’m going to love him if I get any closer. Has anyone ever been in the same situation? Any advice?

Find something to talk about with him so you don't have to avoid him anymore
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

yes, i've been in ur situation before. and currently i am too. i think it's normal, maybe u dont feel confident or u have doubts about stuff..afraid of getting in love which could cost u ur feeling, afraid of dissapointment...such and such. as for my case, the first two are the reasons why i'm also afraid of falling in love. what about u?

Quote Originally Posted by overlooked View Post
    yes, i've been in ur situation before. and currently i am too. i think it's normal, maybe u dont feel confident or u have doubts about stuff..afraid of getting in love which could cost u ur feeling, afraid of dissapointment...such and such. as for my case, the first two are the reasons why i'm also afraid of falling in love. what about u?
    I've loved someone with all my heart for over 5 years. I'm not sure if I’m up for it again. Although I do like this guy. It still feels like a part of me isn’t working. When I look at him, there are sparks and stuff but that's it.

Remember the quote that it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all? It fits well. Everyone will experience a broken heart once in their life. The chances of you falling in love for the first time with the person you spend the rest of your life with is slim. You have to experience a broken heart to know what it's like... to know what love feels like. Experience is the ultimate teacher. Don't be afraid to open your heart again.

I was in that situation once. In tenth grade.

Come on, Taranee, life is too short to spend dragging your heels to somewhere you want to go.
    Spammer Spanker

Love is a risk we all take. If u like this boy maybe just talk to him first bring up some courage and get to know him abit more, because i think its abit early to be thinking about love.

Dont be afraid to open ur heart.

The most simple way, seems to me, is frankly talk to him. Be not afraid and tell to it everything, that you think. He will tell you everything what he thinks.

Tedel Guest
    See it this way: Who loves, get exposed; but loves takes out the best of people.

Thanks for the replies!!

I'm gonna try to talk to him tomorrow. I already tried approaching him before. I spent hours in front of the mirror, wearing my best outfit. Ordering one cup of hot chocolate after another at the restaurant while finding out he took a day off from work...

Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Just for the hell of it I'll quote a movie -

"Stop dipping your toes in the pool and dive the **** in!"