+ Follow This Topic

Thread: WOW i'm excited,surprised! Someone that had a crush on me tracked me down and ...

WOW i'm excited,surprised! Someone that had a crush on me tracked me down and ...

confessed his feelings.

First i would like to say hi to everyone here. I won't make it too long and hopefully you can give me an input.

Ok what happened to me is pretty unbelievable to be honest with you. I must say its weird because of the time it took (Have not seen this man in 10 years!)

Here is how it happened he told me that he decided to track me down using a private investigator for the last 4 months and then he finally found me. He went to my house but he found my sister who lives with me. He knows her too and he talked to her about the situation and then waited until i got home and then we talked.

When he introduced himself i didn't know who he was until we talked. Then i remembered but he looked nothing like he was in high school.I mean i remember who he was and i knew he liked me.He was ok looking in high school and i liked him, but now he looks Super Hot!

When he confessed to me he was very sincere and real.He said he still feels the same way after all those years.Like i said i was flattered like never before. We talked for a while and the time actually went by pretty quick.
    We exchange numbers and will be meeting up again.

After he left my sister and i talked all night and we where stunned by this. My sister is very cynical and she can't figure out how this super hot,well dressed guy with money (My sister is shallow and could tell based on the clothes he was wearing, she's into fashion)
    would still be interested in me after 10 years (No it's not a typo) 10 years. She said most guys like that are married or are assholes (Maybe he is but who knows)
    He seemed very sweet and funny,and made me feel special.

I'm really looking forward to my next meeting with him. Do you think it's faith,destiny? Is it weird? Has anybody else had this happened to them? I'm just not sure what to make of this really.

Give me your opinions on this please guys or girls it does not matter.

what are u really afraid of anyways? give it some time to get to know him abit more, dont rush things, regardless of how superhot he is. i wouldn't ask why he suddenly hired a private investigator just to find u, ( i would probably do that too if suddenly i want to find someone from the past anyway). most important thing for u rite now is getting 2 know him just like u would 2 any guys that u meet for the first time. past is past. current is current. who he was in highschool is certainly different 10 years later. and this is not the man that u used to know. that said, u must get to know him all over again since there's obviously so many things that u missed in the past 10 years. dont be too skeptical about it. things like this isnt that strange. so good luck to u

I'd definitely get to know him more. It's been 10 years - I'm sure he has gone through a lot and so have you, so take it slow.
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Tone Guest
    Creeeeeepy.

Make sure he's legit and not a stalker or pretending to be someone. Or faking anything lol. But other then that I would be both weirded out and flattered. I'd probably give it a try and see what happen's but don't let him in to easily. Ten years is a long time, thing's change people change, don't let him in to easily. Treat him like a stranger you would regularly date so you aren't more vulnerable then you would normally be.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireReese View Post
    Do you think it's faith,destiny? Is it weird? Has anybody else had this happened to them? I'm just not sure what to make of this really.
    The one guy who has been tracking me down got me taking extra precautions and very quick to call the police.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Be very careful. If you can afford it, I'd hire someone of my own to check this guy out. At least do an internet search & criminal/credit check.

It *could* be for real. I know ppl who have held crushes on someone for many years. But remember life isn't a hollywood movie and you don't really know each other. Whatever he *thinks* he knows about you can only mostly be from his imagination. So be prudent. If he truly cares, he will understand & respect your caution.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Holding on to something for that long AND tracking someone down via private investigator are both just weird and border-line obsessive to me. Proceed VERY cautiously.
    "Only losers quote themselves."
    [url]www.jarrodhalsey.com[/url]

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This totally reminds me "There's Something About Mary" ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It isn't every day someone gets excited about a stalker finding them.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It isn't every day someone gets excited about a stalker finding them.
    I know ... it almost seems like a stalker's dream!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Yikes! After reading your post it sent shivers down my spine as i am in a similar situation, except i am f and he is M and i have been looking to track him down and i also hired a PI to find him for me. If you want to talk PM me, i might be able to give you some of my insight, considering i did the same thing as this man has done to you.

he is either obsessive or he has been reminded of you by something that has happened recentley.

he could be a really nice person or he could be a stalker.

he could have been thinking of you all this time as 'what could/should have been' and all the regret and bitter sorrow that that entails. or he has been remainded of you recently. something bad happening often causes people to go back (in their minds) to a place where they were happy. the fact that you are that place (if this is the case) means that he did honestly think well of/respect you a great deal at some point.

either way i would go and meet up with them. but do not be a fool. go with a frien (or two) or go armed.