+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When will you show the photo to your family?

When will you show the photo to your family?

Hello,

I have a male friend, we hang out a loooooot, but I am offically NOT his girlfriend. Recently, we went on a trip together (two of us). After we came back, he uploaded pics online, and told me that he would send the link to his family. He also asked if I mind, coz there are my pics too. I was thinking there are one of two pics for two of us, just showing his family he went with a friend. But, there are many other pics of myself in that link.

I am from a different culture (I am an Asian). In our culture, guy normally won't show girl's pics to their family, unless he want to tell or hint the family they are dating (kind of introduce the girl to the family). Or the family already know/met the girl as his friend (not my case).

Just want to know if it's the same in western culture. Or guys here do not care and their family won't ask.

Thanks!!

I don't think it is a cultural matter in the West, but rather it all depends on family dynamics. If he is in the habit of keeping his romantic life private, then showing his family your photos would be significant, but if he is in a regular habit of sharing photos, this will be no big deal.

His family is most likely going to ask who you are... unless he has many pics with him and other friends in them. If it's just him and then a couple pics with you and there's no one else, they will most surely ask who you are.

In my opinion, I think he's sending the link because of the fact that you're in some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I don't think it is a cultural matter in the West, but rather it all depends on family dynamics. If he is in the habit of keeping his romantic life private, then showing his family your photos would be significant, but if he is in a regular habit of sharing photos, this will be no big deal.

He didn't call back home a lot, not even every month. I've never asked if he kept his family updated about his romantic life, but most likely NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    His family is most likely going to ask who you are... unless he has many pics with him and other friends in them. If it's just him and then a couple pics with you and there's no one else, they will most surely ask who you are.

In my opinion, I think he's sending the link because of the fact that you're in some of them.

The pics are only him, me and he & me, coz only two of us went for this trip. I can understand that there are some his pics with me in it. But the link including my pics too (only me in the pic and no view).

Why don't you just ask him what he meant by sending the photos?

I wonder what parents would see the photos and not ask if they were dating.

Okay, maybe the parents wouldn't, but the moment my older sister heard that me and a girl were going on a trip together she asked whether we were a couple. :p

Tedel Guest
    In Peru, it is very normal. For example, these are Keysi and me, a couple of years ago, after having a couple of drinks in Miraflores (Lima).

[url]http://photos1.hi5.com/0000/219/826/4OXGV1219826-02.jpg[/url]

EDIT: I thought it was better not to show the photo here. You have the link, if you want to see it. Just copy and paste it on your browser.
    Last edited by Tedel; 20-06-08 at 11:45 PM.