+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need female advice please

Need female advice please

Went on a date last night with a girl and the date seemed absolutely perfect but the ending completely threw me off guard...some background info.

Im 25, she is 26. We met 2 weeks ago at one of my friends birthday parties in a bar. Hit it off really well and I got her number. Called her 2 days later and invited her to a Cubs game. We go 3 days later and have a great time and end up going bar hopping after but calling it quits around 11 since it was a Wednesday and we both had to work the next day. I grab her a cab, we hug and she leaves(was right outside the ballpark and thousands of people so I didnt expect the first kiss)

Immediately get a text message saying "Thanks for a great night! I really had a lot of fun!" So obviously things went well. We text on and off for a couple days and I call her 3 or 4 days later asking if I can take her out for dinner or something. We agree on Thursday night(last night) and I plan a picnic and movie in the park(we live in Chicago) and just tell her to wear something comfortable and walking shoes so its a surprise kind of.

Anyways we go, get setup, have some wine, fruit, sanwiches, great conversation and we seem to click really well. The movie starts around 9(E.T was the movie) and we lie down next to eachother heads touching sharing a rold up blanket. Half way in we crack open the blanket, I put my arm around her and she lays on my chest. Everything seemed to be going great.

Ill try to fast forward. We packup, grab a cab and head back to her place. About 5 minutes from her place she pulls out a pack of gum takes a piece and offers me a piece. So obviously im thinking we are finally going to have our first kiss. Is that not a huge sign women??? So if you can't guess, I ask the cab driver to wait, I walk her to her door go in for the kiss and get rejected. She said something along the lines of "I don't kiss until the..."and trailed off.

Now I understand some women don't like to kiss on the first date, but I don't think I have ever encountered someone against kissing on the 2nd date. Especially after what seemed like a perfect date.

Any advice women or even men I guess? Sorry for the long winded writeup. Just wanted to make it clear.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Please don't double post.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Sorry posted in other forum first then realized this one gets a lot more views/viewers.

just have it deleted, one is enough

i dont think there is anything odd about that. sounds like you had a great time. she seems like shes interested.

not kissing on the second date? not wierd at all. you are practically a stranger to her. its not like you guys were friends previously. if i were in your situation i probably wouldnt kiss you until a month in. thats just me.

just keep things going and things will progress when she is ready.