+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bloated?

bloated?

i used to weigh 8-81/2 stone but then i was ill for a short while and went down to 7 1/2 stome however in the last 8 months i have put on alot of weight i am now almost 10 stone which is the most i have ever been.

i have noticed that as the day progresses my stomach gets significantly larger to the extent where i look significantly pregnant.

i know that i have put weight on but i have recently been exercising alot more by walking too and from college everyday and to and from work at the weekends instead of getting the bus (which is walking 6-8 extra miles a day)and i have significantly reduced the amount of junk food i have been eating but it isnt shifting any of my additional weight.

is it likely to be bloating? if so what can i do to stop this?

im very confused i have never had a issue with my weight before and looking pregnant is realy effecting my confidence

x

Are you sure you aren't pregnant?

Yeah 10000% no doubt about it sure

Is your abdomen hard or soft? (If in doubt, it is soft.)

How tall are you. 10 stones is about 140lbs for those that didn't know. Have you thought about taking up any more challenging cardio work? Maybe running, swimming, or cycling? Also if you're looking to lose weight doing cardio workouts, get a heart rate monitor and figure out your target heart rate where you will burn the most fat.

how old are you? you might still be growing. I put on few lbs this last year and was freaking out..but i also found out i got taller..so it evened out.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

my abdomen is relatively hard...alot harder than my friends anyway

My height is 163cm...no idea what that converts into

My age is 17years 7 months...

I have been doing a bit of swimming as well when i can its just slightly inconvenient at the moment with college and work taking up...well all my time! Its the holidays soon though so hopefully i will be able go more often and get into a routine which i will hopefully be able to stick to once college starts again...

About 20 lb weight gain in eight months is a pretty significant gain. Are you still growing? How old are you?

Im 17...i assume ive stop growing :S

Have you measured? Check with your physician. They probably keep track. I bet you are still growing and filling out.

Here's a chart:
    [url]http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-weight-teens.shtml[/url]

You're about 5 feet 4 inches tall, and 140lbs. Chart says average is 115 – 120 lbs. So I don't want to sound mean, but maybe you might want to think about doing some more intense cardio work. How about running? When it comes to losing fat the idea isn't really to push yourself to the point where you feel like your about to pass out. I'm actually under average weight on that chart...lol. 5'9" 140lbs.

Take 1hr 3 times a week. Basically start with a light 15 minute warmup jog just to slowly get your heart rate up. From there do 30 minute of running in your target heart range. After that take a light 15 minute jog to cool yourself down.

Your target heart range is the point where you'll burn the most amount of fat. Any higher and you're just pushing yourself too hard and you're not going to burn anymore fat. Lower than this and you're not working yourself hard enough. Invest in a decent heart rate monitor. There's plenty of decent priced heart monitors. What you want to look for with a heart rate monitor is that it has a chest strap. They will be more accurate than the watch taking it directly from your wrist. Polar is a pretty good brand, look up reviews and determine what you're willing to spend.

Here's a calculator to find your target heart range.
    [url]http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/bl_THR.htm[/url]

Also if you don't feel like paying for a watch you can do the talk test. Basically if you can hardly talk, you're working too hard. But if you're breathing has not increased and you're not sweating, you're not working hard enough. I've gotten to a point where I know where my target heart range is pretty accurately. It's fairly easy to tell once you've done it a few times.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 24-06-08 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Have you measured? Check with your physician. They probably keep track. I bet you are still growing and filling out.
    This is England.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

If it's bloating, I find drinking water always reduces that a bit, at least for me.