+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Funniest situation you have ever had.....

Funniest situation you have ever had.....

Having visited many places worldwide, definitely we have been met with a number of funny, hilarious, strange, odd, weird situations while being abroad either for work or holiday. Let's hear some of these unusual situations. Hopefully, that will be the most hilarious thread on LF.

Let me start telling you my experience in Poland. I was on a short work visit there, attending a conference some years ago in a city to the west of Poland, near Germany. People were lovely but the food was a disaster...PINK beetroot soup, really I liked it but not with a boiled egg! I did not like the not well cooked foods and bakery ..
    People there , even at the hotel, did not know English. I wanted a 3 to 2 plug to use my hair dryer.. they could not help. It took me a day or two to know tap water was not for drinking after I was drinking an awful lot of it! No signs or anyone to tell.
    The funniest thing I have came across there was 'TAK TAK' it means 'YES' which was great to know such an easy word. Once I heard it again at the reception of a Picadilly Circus Hotel in London, I knew the ladies were Polish and definitely they were.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Too many to even try to remember... During the school year I see first-class humor every day

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just last night I took a shower right before going to bed. I stumbled into my room afterwards. I don't have a light in there because I'm a bum. I was looking for some boxers to wear and I found a pair wedged underneath an old computer monitor.

I yanked them out and gave them the smell test. Had to make sure they were fresh, y'know. Well, they smelled kinda funny. I couldn't quite place it. So there I was sniffing the crotch of these underdrawers when it finally dawned on me: these aren't mine. I was sniffing my friend's boxers like they were a used pair of women's panties.

Ugh.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    My uncle took me to the park when I was a young boy, to find out if I was a right-handed or a left-handed golfer, since I am ambidextrous.

I tried a few right handed clubs. Something felt weird, so I tried the left handed clubs, which gave my stronger arm the most force. I couldn't decide which club to use, and I just chose a 1 wood driver club. While I was choosing, my uncle was walking around, about 100 yards out, picking up golf balls and things that people left behind for taking. By the time I had my ball teed up, my uncle was looking at me and he gave me his mark. I told him he should get out of the way in case I hit him. He didn't so I just shrugged and hit the ball, which sailed straight into his direction. He tried to catch the ball, presumably because he underestimated my ability, and the ball hit him square in the nuts. He dropped to his knees and started crying. It must have been a pretty powerful drive because I heard a pudd when it hit. The idea of it, in and of itself is very hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing... and since I was an immature boy at the time, it did not help. Even when I ran over to ask him if he was okay, I was still laughing.

Another funny moment I had was when I was in 8th grade, during gym class. Christmas break was coming and we were playing volleyball. Since I don't really enjoy sports, most of the game I was thinking about other things and not really paying attention. But eventually it became my turn to serve the ball. I still didn't understand volleyball at that time. I knew what it was, and kind of how it was played, but that was all. So there I was, with that strange white ball in my hands. Trying to think of how to get the damn thing across the net. And then I said **** it because I didn't care how it played out, and so I threw the ball up, and did a left-hand uppercut. The ceiling to that gym was quite high, and the ball missed it by a hair, as it formed a perfect arc and went straight through the hoop being stored up there with a swish. Everybody was on the floor laughin hysterically before the ball even hit the ground. And the gym teacher just stood there with a smile on his face and his clipboard in his hand, shaking his head.