+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the death penalty

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

the death penalty

are you for or against it, and tell me your reasons... yeah yeah yeah, i'm writing a paper and i just wanted to know what everyone else thought and maybe you could think of something that i have not yet thought about. hey, it has to be 12 pages long so i'm turning to everyone here. and btw.. haha it's rough draft is due tomorrow.. good luck to me ah? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

AGREE STRONGLY AGREE!!!!!

I did a paper on it too. Got an A.

I think EVERY state should institute this...and allow for quicker ways to send them to the bed! (easy way out for these bastards) lethal injection a inhumane way of killing? KISS MY LOVN ASS!

I know that it costs more to keep them on death row than sentencing to life...but if the states would put these bastards to work rather than letting them earn their ****ing degree to become an attorney they could catch up somewhere. And then put the assholes to death quicker rather than constantly fighting it-the states could then utiilize their money for more resourceful things such as educating our children or making healthcare affordable. And then less room is needed in the prisons for these mother ****ers and more money wont have to be used to build more damn prisons to hold on to them for years...just put the assholes down.

When I did my report on the death penalty there were NO siginificant findings or research to validate the costs versus life.

Another idea to throw in is whether to televise it. It was allowed in Cali at one time-used as a deterent. Damns straight believe in that too...

Those states who have death penalty allow for electrocution, gas, firing squad, and hanging-mind you this was like in early 90's...but something to look into.

Look into the minorities on death row including women. FL just excuted a woman here last year...the south has the majority of condemned and convicted criminals on death row...nice part of the country I live in!!

Its a great debate! And you'll find people all over with different views on it. But the majority of people I found agree.

Goodluck and if ya have any questions I'll try to help ya!!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

.. hhmm.. eye for an eye right?

I have mixed feelings about it.. I know that "murder" is wrong.. but in some cases I would have a hard time killing someone that murdered someone.. I mean .. for instance..

A woman is beaten .. she cant get away from him.. ( like the movie Enough.. ) .. I dont know.. I mean technically she murdered him but wouldnt you?
    .. This is hard, there are people that totally deserve to die for thier crimes.. Ted Bund y.. Sieral Killers. ya know? but who decides?

I believe in EYE FOR AN EYE.. what ever you did.. gets done to...

" Do unto other, as you would do on to you" .. bible right?

who knows
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    squirt, you have some very good points that i will use in my paper. i like the idea of actually putting these criminals to work. i am going to spin off my ideas into human testing since this is an ethical philosophy class. overall i believe that testing on criminals should be allowed if they agree, because they already have given up their rights when they were convicted. they should know what they are getting themselves into and they are already goingto die, so why not test themselves out, or donate their organs for others.

secondly, i like the televised image. it might push our society to more violence, but shit, why not make money in the process?? we already see enough violence on the news and in action movies, so this would only be another way of making some side money that we use to pay for their lazy asses. raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jane

" Do unto other, as you would do on to you" .. bible right?
    see that is also the hard part. i don't really know if i believe in the bible because to me, it is a bunch of stories that got passed down from one person's eyes to another. it can't be proven as true or false which i really have trouble believing. also i support the big bang theory. raverboy

Exactly!!! The whole idea behind televising it was to deter further crimes-but the issue at the time and maybe now is the time of day...HELLO try like the time they do it which is normally midnight or early am-youngsters wouldnt see it.

I do like the idea of human testing-damn thats a great one!!! But mine wasnt on ethics per say-so thats a great point. And donating their parts and or bodies to science...I dont think we can ever have enough cadivars to support the med students. I know they have to use a body like 6 different time because they dont have them...send them to med schools when theyre finished.

Ok-I bet you'll find the women on death row a suprise...more and more creep up-
    scary ass world. Have you found any facts on the financial aspect of it?? Id be interested to hear it.

I don't think the death penatly deters anyone. No one ever thinks their crime will come to that.

I also have mixed feelings. I like the idea of ridding these people from society forever, but I also think it's an easy way out, and expensive for the taxpayers.

I'd like to see these people SUFFER more. I'm all for hard labor.

I agree with making them work-no doubt no matter the crime.

Guess being a mom has set my mind. That if someone touched my child Id have them first. Id go to jail for my son. So my opinions are based a great deal on that-

I was thrilled when Dahmer was killed in prison! I have no mixed feelings about it-but make damn sure you have the right person-

HEY Raverboy you should check into those who were sentenced to death wrongfully. That would be an interesting fact too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah there have been people that were convicted and sentences to death but later they were proven innocent. i mean it's a common thing to misjudge someone, but i don't really wanna go searching for all that given my paper is due tomorrow.

and facts on cost, it's around 10,000 to keep an inmate in prison for a year, but with all the cost and lawyer fees, it cost 2 million to put an inmate on death row. weird ah? raverboy

just 10 years ago it was a mil to keep them on death row...damn. But does that 10 grand include all their fees? Its so misrepresented I think. ITs what the government wants us to see...or not see.

I cant or wont argue with anyone on their own opinions or try to sway them to see my point-I state it and leave it. This is a biggy.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no no i feel the same way. to keep an inmate for 40 years would only cost 400,000 as opposed to the 2 mill. yet this was when i did my last report back 5 years ago. things probably did change. however i think that i'm done with the death penalty portion of my paper... 6 ****ing pages in 3 hours. i hate it..well i have about 6 more to go but now i'm chaging my topic to testing on humans, especially on those inmates who are on death row. there are many inhuman arguements for it, yet i'm having trouble locating the good. haha trust me, some of these tests are really brutal, yet you should know what you're getting yourself into. however i need some thoughts on why you think testing is good. raverboy

what else are they good for while sitting in there? I mean theyre sleepn, eating, working out, or watching tv.

Just about everything nowadays is labeled animal free tested. Well damnit get with the program-a lot of medicines need to be tested to save lives...they should start in the prison system. If theyre only contributing to tax payers having to pay for them ro sit there then they should at least give something back to the community and our society. Make a contribution thats worth something.

Human testing can be inhumane-I guess depending on whats being tested...but how the hell are we suppose to advance if we cant test these things out. Most people arent willing to wait in line to try the latest chemo therapies...

Why not go to inmates? If theyre on a life sentence-then step up and do something good for your community. And mankind.

I couldnt even tell ya what some of the testing is-Id be interested to know-but I say do it the system-but ya know the government and or special interest groups would be on this like flies on shit. Then ask those people this? IF you knew you were gonna die from whatever-but there was a chance this new medicine would work-BUT has to be tested on a human first what would you suggest? Given the choice of your family member or friend being tested or an inmate?

Hell Raverboy-I hadnt even thought of that til you mentioned it-so those were my opinions based on my strong belief of the death penality...dont know if that helps...
    goodluck with your paper sounds like your cruisn!!!

I'm way too conflicted about the whole thing to even start.

squirrley

• I think EVERY state should institute this...and allow for quicker ways to send them to the bed! (easy way out for these bastards) lethal injection a inhumane way of killing? KISS MY LOVN ASS!

Lethal Injection is a mixture of three drugs: pentathol, pavulon, potassium chloride, injected in that order. Pentathol is an anaesthetic that is delivered in too small dosages in 23 states, pavulon locks up a convicts long, and potassium chloride is an acidic substance that throws off the balance of all bloodcells. Consequently, an inmate is in a mild stupor, but still able to feel everything, he then becomes unable to breathe, or, more importantly, to scream, and then an acid throws all his muscles into overload. The muscles then begin to contract against each other and can even break bones in the process. In 1995, a woman in Texas was accidentally injected with Potassium Chloride (1/3 of the dose given to an inmate), she convulsed in pains for 30 minutes screaming that she was burning and then died.

• I know that it costs more to keep them on death row than sentencing to life...but if the states would put these bastards to work rather than letting them earn their ****ing degree to become an attorney they could catch up somewhere.

Death row inmates aren't allowed to work. They can have access to certain materials, but not that many.

• And then put the assholes to death quicker rather than constantly fighting it

Since the reinstatement of the death penalty, 108 inmates have been exonerated while on death row. 27 others have been exonerated post-humously. And I am sure that with the shitty legal system we have, there are FAR MORE people on death row unjustly.

• Look into the minorities on death row including women. FL just excuted a woman here last year...the south has the majority of condemned and convicted criminals on death row...nice part of the country I live in!!

An African-American convicted of murdering a White American has a 42% chance of receiving the death penalty. A White American convicted of murdering an African-American has a 7% chance of receiving the death penalty. Yup, affirmative action in our court systems.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

MVP I agree we have a shitty court system. Its one of the reasons I brought that up-minorities on death row-etc. I have a fact sheet on it from 91.

I am a strong believer in the death penalty and wont force anyone to sway to believe in my thoughts nor be swayed to think otherwise. Its something I FEEL we need in this country for obvious reasons. And the fact our judicial system sucks at times...there are times when we can count it. I dont discredit the fact that thousands of people have been convicted wrongly.

Why do you think I brought up certain issues??? Such as minorities. Raverboy wasnt going into it that deep. But I feel and wrote my paper at a different view. I cant say that because certain methods havent draw backs that they should abolish the death penatly. I also have facts on what has gone wrong in most of the methods. However-I believe it should still be left up to the states-and their choice. An inmate actually had their choice of the method they wanted 10 years ago. I dont know about today.

I have never second guessed myself on this issue. Since my son was born and seeing the people who have committed God awful crimes against children I tend to be strong about it. And if someone EVER touched or layed a finger on my son I would be on the death row. If I didnt have a child my opinions MIGHT be different. I may have had a different outlook on it. But I believe that when someone committs such herandous acts against someone they should be rightfully punished. And to keep them in prison the rest of their life isnt punshiment enough-which some could say is-and that death penalty is an easy way out for them. But I have my reasons and beliefs-they are what they are-I wont or dont need to defend myself...I have looked into EVERYTHING about it-the pros and cons(which was my paper) and my opionions have stayed the same.

I dont disregard those who dont believe it. Or are against it. They have their valid points. I wont argue with anyone on the issue either...its every ones own opinion on it and again this is a situation where it is "to each their own."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast