+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure if she took what i said the wrong way

Not sure if she took what i said the wrong way

Hi, im a teenage boy who has been friends for a girl for just over a year and i found out she liked me and we did some little text messages back and forth and i said "If i were to ask you out, you might say..." and she said yes. This wasn't officially asking her out, i was going to do this face to face but then i talked with some of my older family members and friends and it lead to me to call her because i care a lot for her and want a relationship to last a long time with her.

I asked her if she felt comfortable about possibly going out with me and she said yes. I also asked if she thought she was ready. She said i dont know and it lead to "us" deciding to be friends a little longer before we date to make our friendship stronger before we dated.
    1. She is an extremley good friend of mine so i cant see making our friend ship any better than it is.
    2. i know she likes me, she told me. and plus even if we decide to be a friends a bit longer, will it make a difference considering how much we flirt together?

What my question is, Did maybe something i say lead her to think maybe he isn't into me so i will go along with him? I would like help because i think i love this girl and although i can wait longer, i dont want to. What should i do? Also some advice would be MUCH appreciated.

If you want to see some text message conversations just ask to fruther assess the situation
    Last edited by tjwojo; 04-07-08 at 02:54 PM.

Stop asking questions and tell her you want to take her out on a date.

What is waiting for your friendship to grow stronger, have anything to do with a relationship?

Take this as a lesson, don't ask questions where the answer may not be something you don't want to hear. Instead of asking her, tell her you'd like this or that. Women like men that can make decisions on their own.

Just ask her out already. A lot can be learnt about your friendship and it can also strengthen as your relationship takes a new form.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Why are you giving her reason to second-guess whether or not she will date you? You asked; she said yes. You should have stopped right there.

i know i was just scared , it is mine and her first time and i just wanted to make sure and make it somethingg that would last and something special i guess, but your right, it wasn't the smartest thing to do

here's another question, should i tell her how i felt about that situation or just ask her. im just freaking out right now and i shouldn't be

Tone Guest
    Tell her you were just nervous and really do want to be with her.