+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do males at clubs wear long sleeved shirts?

why do males at clubs wear long sleeved shirts?

I noticed that easily 9 out of 10 males at a club/bar will always be wearing long sleeved, semi-fancy shirts. I ask why because I dont goto clubs or bars often at all and im wondering, do guys wear those shirts just because thats whats expected in that setting, or is it just to try and look more mature/older in attitude than you actually are/might be?

I just find it interesting because I cant stand wearing those long sleeved shirts, feels like im at work, yet if you dont you look like you missed the fashion memo or something.

I mean is there some taboo about wearing a nice, short sleeved shirt at clubs/bars? Is it thought that woman dont like that as much as long sleeved shirts, or just long sleeved shirts make you look like you have more money. Also, could it be that long sleeved shirts boost the male ego by making them look enevitably bigger because the sleeves make their arms look thicker, and thats thought to boost chances with women?

I just wanted to ask this, as it amuses me as to what the mentality on this is, because I find it hillarious to see all these young 20 year olds who would look much more their age in short sleeved shirts, go around wearing these huge button up long sleeved shirts like their about to goto an office or something.
    Disaster alert. Disaster alert. Teenage Marriage. Disaster alert.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. here in hawaii, it's much more common for people to wear short sleeved shirts at a bar or club.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I despise long sleeved shirts and I only wear them if I'm being paid and I have no other choice. But yeah, there is some kind of ridiculous taboo, at least in America. For whatever reason short sleeved shirts are looked at as tacky. Like you're a used car salesman or something. I'd rather be tacky but comfortable, though.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there is always the option of only wearing pants, shoes, and a necktie. however, you'd have to be the special dancer.

raverboy

Yea it is good for me I guess because I look good in long sleeve shirts, but I look better imo in short sleeve, so I think I sometimes have a better chance at getting attention when everyone else is in a long sleeved shirt and im in a nice polo short sleeve or something +) lol!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some clubs have dress codes, and long sleeves look more "dressed up". If you really want something to complain about, try strapping some of those stilettos on your feet like the women do and dress in skimpy clothes when it is 30 degrees outside... the long sleeves are no big deal by comparison.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Because they lack their own comfortable fashion sense and go with the flow of what is shown in the media or majority.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Some clubs have dress codes, and long sleeves look more "dressed up". If you really want something to complain about, try strapping some of those stilettos on your feet like the women do and dress in skimpy clothes when it is 30 degrees outside... the long sleeves are no big deal by comparison.
    but then you can opt for the 50,000 dollar mink coat.

raverboy

Going to a bar is a bit of an event and Vashi is right it's more "dressed up" and guys feel they look nicer. But a lot of guys just miss the point, if you want to look nice for a club look at the mirror and not the price tag or colour.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this reminds me of all those fakers who drinking their cheap liquor in a sifter glass just be appear like a baller. f*ck that shit.

raverboy

thanks for the replies, and yes I agree that it is for males a conformity, I think its just a shame because obviously some guys it helps to wear long sleeve shirts due to the fact that they would look bad otherwise, but some people are in my opinion "lessened" to an extent due to the fact that they are able to look good in a short sleeve shirt but cant due to conformity... eh blah hate conformity

like I sorta feel that it lets some guys who would be like a 4-6 turn into more of a 7-8 and that just makes it harder for the people who are forced to wear these damn hot, itchy, expensive long sleeved shirts
    Last edited by Austinn; 06-07-08 at 07:50 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Usually when I go to a bar with my friends we're wearing worn out jeans and t-shirts with sports teams or idiotic phrases emblazoned on them.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I prefer it because the neatest shirts I got now are long-sleeved, because its a bit chilly when walking outside and because I consider it to look better to have sleeves covering the hands when dancing (hand movements).

Skinny arms

I prefer long sleeved shirts... my arms look too skinny in short sleaved :-(

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i love long sleeved shirts, but it's too damn hot here in hawaii to wear them often. i'd much rather live in an environment with alternating seasons.

raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast