+ Follow This Topic

Thread: common interests good or bad?

common interests good or bad?

is it better to have more or less common interest with a girl i like?

i heard people say more because then theres a reason to like each other

but i also heard people say less so theres more talk to share

i heard its better to completely restructure your life so that it matches the recommend share / don't share ratio of the day. i recommend you have 3 things in common for every 5 you don't. if you can't... you'll never be happy and die lonely and miserable.

Or maybe you can just learn to TALK to people... yeah, that would be so much easier than asking stupid questions.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I don't think it really matters. You have to have SOME stuff in common, but I don't think it matters if it's a little or a lot.

Alexi

I think you have to choose a few specifics that are important to you, and if you're looking for a serious relationship, only get involved with people who share those traits. For example, I don't think I could ever be in a serious relationship with someone who didn't share my love for fitness, an active lifestyle, and a health conscious diet. It's just too much a part of my personality, and too important to me, and effects my day to day life in a way that someone who wasn't involved in the same things wouldn't understand. Music would be another aspect that is too important to be to be involved with somebody who wasn't interested in going to see live music, listening to music virtually 24/7, etc.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

ok from a womans point of view here:

First its important to have similar interests and or some. You dont have to like all of the same things in common-damn Ive gotta have me time too!

They say opposites attract? Well I dont see too many out there that live it-other than my parents. But I think its important to share similar things, ideas, hobbies, or whatever-its fun to do these things together...and then for me anyway even more important to have our own interests...I like being independant and wouldnt want to always have the other person up my ass or be up theres either. I like to do things with that person and then do things by myself.

Thats my take on it-its important but not the glue that keeps you together...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Another example - I couldn't date a liberal.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

bumbum-if you like the girl dont worry about those things right now-just get to know her and see...have fun. You'll know as you go along if you share the same interests or not-if you get along great, have fun together all of the time...then the rest will fall into place.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

how do you get a girl to tell you what her interests are? just by talking to her? *dumb question...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Panda,

By going on a date. And talking with her, and asking her questions. Often, dates can seem almost like "interviews". But in all actuality, dates are SUPPOSED to be about getting to know the person and their interests, hobbies, whatever.

And just talking or noticing things (for instance, if she constantly points out all these cars on the road and talks about the specs and how she'd love to own that one or this one, you didn't ask her, but it's safe to assume that she's into cars. Get it?)

Hope that helps.

Alexi

I think more will be better .If the two people have the common interest, it is possible for them to get toghther. They will choose the similar topic to discuss. It is more interestng .

Tedel Guest
    Friendship is the school of love, mum used to say... Anyway, if you want to have a long-standing relationship, you do need things in common. That's what makes you two compatible after all.