+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats the deal with POF and hang out

whats the deal with POF and hang out

I have one of these and I barely have any info on there, and it says hang out, then when women contact me who also have hang out, they actually think I want to hang out for the next month or so as friends.

Now im curious, half the poeple on POF say hang out means FWB/sex/one night stand, while the other half actually consider it be friends and hang out, the weird part is, why dont these people put "friends" instead of "hang out". I think hang out means one night stand, whereas friends means...duh friends. Yet apparently these women do not see it that way. I mean do they really think I would seek out actual random people to "hang out" with as "friends" on a free dating site? I am just floored that these, to be frank, clueless people cannot actually comprehend what "hang out" is incenuating...
    Disaster alert. Disaster alert. Teenage Marriage. Disaster alert.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old are these girls? They must be pretty naive.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

One night stands are also retarded. Great way to keep diseases spreading.

oh please cain, my gosh, so does not washing ur hands, cmon dun b like that lol!

as for the topic, I think most these woman are there to mess around and see what they can see, not actually do anything, all talk and no game. Like they enjoy the idea of meeting people on a dating site for a one night stand or something along those lines, yet when it comes time to do it and they contact someone for it, they then act all suprised and get all defensive when they are called on it.
    Last edited by Austinn; 10-07-08 at 05:38 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    POF, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
    oh please cain, my gosh, so does not washing ur hands, cmon dun b like that lol!

as for the topic, I think most these woman are there to mess around and see what they can see, not actually do anything, all talk and no game. Like they enjoy the idea of meeting people on a dating site for a one night stand or something along those lines, yet when it comes time to do it and they contact someone for it, they then act all suprised and get all defensive when they are called on it.
    Cause you can get AIDS from not washing your hands, right?

I don't agree with one night stands, but I wouldn't care if people did it if it only affected them. However, by doing it, people are spreading sexual diseases so much more.

cain u dun have to be so politically correct on a forum full of random people, this shit will always happen in life, people will get shot/raped, and will get diseases every single day, till the end of humanity, but why do u assume we wouldnt use protection? cmon not everyone who has one night stand is a highschool dropout that doesnt use condoms man lol

cain u dun have to be so politically correct on a forum full of random people, this shit will always happen in life, people will get shot/raped, and will get diseases every single day, till the end of humanity, but why do u assume we wouldnt use protection? cmon not everyone who has one night stand is a highschool dropout that doesnt use condoms man lol
    And you think condoms are 100% protection? Alright, here's a question for you. If you knew someone had AIDS and they were the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, would you have sex with them while wearing a condom? Or would you not want to because you don't want to risk it? If you're smart, you'd choose the second option... and that's my point entirely. Condoms aren't 100% effective against disease, especially if it's a disease that is transferred just by contact and not just by penetration.

It's not about being politically correct. It's about me finding it stupid that people are so careless with their bodies and that by you being careless, you put other people's health in jeopardy. Just because people get shot and raped every day doesn't mean you're going to go and do it, right?
    Last edited by Cain; 10-07-08 at 06:08 AM.

i agree with cain

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think if you're safe (use condoms and birth control, have annual STD tests....and don't sleep with someone when you KNOW you're infected), it's that person's life, no one should judge them on it, Cain. Just because YOU don't do it, doesn't make you morally superior to the rest of the population.

Diseases also get spread by cheating partners and partners in relationships that are unaware of their infection or don't disclose it to their partners, FYI. People always seem to forget that. I guess because there's more of an image of moral cleanliness when one is having sex in a dating or relationship situation.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

lawl cain, u have got to loosen up, thats just silly man, we are adults here, not 15 year olds...

and honestly, i dont CARE if you dont LIKE it or dont think its morally acceptable, to hell with that. not everyone has the same morals and cares, and just because you dont like the "idea" of it doesnt mean everyone who does it encounters doom and destruction, there are MILLIONS of one night stands EVERY night/day that dont end in someone getting a disease, you gotta chill

lawl cain, u have got to loosen up, thats just silly man, we are adults here, not 15 year olds...

and honestly, i dont CARE if you dont LIKE it or dont think its morally acceptable, to hell with that. not everyone has the same morals and cares, and just because you dont like the "idea" of it doesnt mean everyone who does it encounters doom and destruction, there are MILLIONS of one night stands EVERY night/day that dont end in someone getting a disease, you gotta chill
    Whatever, man. Do what you want. I honestly hope that you get something and then look back on your life and realize how much of an idiot you were being.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I think if you're safe (use condoms and birth control, have annual STD tests....and don't sleep with someone when you KNOW you're infected), it's that person's life, no one should judge them on it, Cain. Just because YOU don't do it, doesn't make you morally superior to the rest of the population.

Diseases also get spread by cheating partners and partners in relationships that are unaware of their infection or don't disclose it to their partners, FYI. People always seem to forget that. I guess because there's more of an image of moral cleanliness when one is having sex in a dating or relationship situation.
    What good does an annual STD test do if they are sleeping with someone new every couple weeks. What if the third person they slept with had a disease and they've passed it on to all of those other people because they need to **** someone new every night. It's not about being morally superior. It's about someone not putting other people's health in jeopardy.

Yes, it can also happen for the reasons you specified, but I feel the same way about them. They are putting other people's health in jeopardy when they don't have the right.

I agree with Cain - not primarily for moral reasons (although I think that promiscuity is especially emotionally harmful to young females), but because I am a germ freak. According to Planned Parenthood, more than one in five Americans are believed to be infected with some sexually transmitted infection. That is just gross. And annual testing won't help you if you aren't symptomatic, so that means you can be spreading your infection around to everyone when you think you are clean.

Anyway, what is POF?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I agree with Cain - not primarily for moral reasons (although I think that promiscuity is especially emotionally harmful to young females), but because I am a germ freak. According to Planned Parenthood, more than one in five Americans are believed to be infected with some sexually transmitted infection. That is just gross. And annual testing won't help you if you aren't symptomatic, so that means you can be spreading your infection around to everyone when you think you are clean.

Anyway, what is POF?
    Though I don't agree with it morally, I was against it in this thread on the disease aspect. It won't affect just the people that want the one night stands. Innocent people, who only sleep with someone they actually care about, can still get the disease because of one night stands other people had.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast