+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gyms versus Home Workout

Gyms versus Home Workout

Right, cardio's not a problem at all, but I'm a bit skinnier than I'd like to be. Seeing as so far I've never liked going to gyms, are home workouts without using expensive machines/weights inferior?

Right now I've just been keeping it easy, sets of different push-ups and crunches for as long as I can before daily showers, but got some more time now so I'd might expand on it.

Get some dumbbells at the least.

I don't think home gyms are inferior...I prefer home but I actually workout better with weights in the gyms. At home, I am better at aerobics. My male friends all prefer going to the gym but my brother was better at home. Just preferences I suppose....and where you are more motivated.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you don't know what you're doing you're wasting your time. Go to a gym to learn form. Pick up a book or a video. Something like that. Otherwise you're going to wear yourself out with nothing much to show for it. Once you can do the exercises correctly knock yourself out.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    The reason why I like to work it at the gym, is because I am not distracted by my other problems and projects.

i like to work out at the gym. it's like, an outing.

but i haven't gone because it's kinda far and gas is so expensive.

now i'm just sitting here eating cookies.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I prefer home, but that's only because I have germ phobias, and gyms are known to be great places to pick up MRSA. Even my mother got it!

You can probably get a better workout at the gym if you don't know what you are doing yet, but be sure to sanitize the equipment before you use it or sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i like to work out at the gym. it's like, an outing.

but i haven't gone because it's kinda far and gas is so expensive.

now i'm just sitting here eating cookies.

Haha, you crack me up. You are joking, right, or at least partly joking? Too lazy to go to gym to work out and lose weight... Yeah, its America where there are automated stairs leading to gym door.
    Don't expect anything.

i'm not kidding. i'm not trying to lose weight. i'm not trying to gain weight. i don't really care.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajajajajaaaa i just don't give a shit cause i'm a fat lazy american who's too lazy to use commas or capitalize the first word of a sentence.

i sit here and watch sopranos all day long while the deli at the grocery store (which is just around the corner, yet i still drive there) makes me cookies.

and i eat them.

all fu%cking day.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajajajaaaaajajaa aaa.

Ok, whatever you think.
    Don't expect anything.

if i get too fat i can just buy myself some liposuction. they can lift my face and maybe take out a rib or two as well.

i have to go booboo. i have to drive around the corner to get me some bottled water.

i go to the gym everyday just about...more distractions at home, plus from time to time you get that little adrenaline boost in the gym to throw up more weight than normal

my motivation to go to the gym was to check out the muscly guys that hang out there.

Tone Guest
    You can workout at home, but you'll need to do more than just pushups and crunches.. like joe said pick up some free weights and a weight bench. Try going to a used sporting goods store.. that's where I got most of my equipment.

You can also get a chin-up bar for like $12.

Just an FYI - if you're trying to put on muscle you need to not only get a good workout routine but you'll also have to eat a lot more food, try to eat AT LEAST your body weight in protein (g) each day. Make sure it's good clean food, too...fish, chicken, lean meats, etc... don't go to McDonalds and order 3 double cheeseburgers and 4 large french fries!
    Last edited by Tone; 11-07-08 at 05:53 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You drive for your cookies, 'Sombra? What are you, some kind of masochist? Haven't you ever heard of Peapod? They'll deliver the food right to your doorstep!
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast