View Poll Results: What do you think of women using makeup?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, It is their choice

8 53.33%
  • NO, Natural Beauty is much better

4 26.67%
  • It depends on her age, job and the function she attends

3 20.00%
  • No comment

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make up ...

Make up ...

What do you think of women using make up?
    The poll is YES for using makeup and NO for no makeup.

What is OK and adds to the lady's beauty and what is not nice, unsuitable or excessive?

Is the makeup used by women related to her age, culture, job, ...?

Actually, I like first option but when it comes to my job, I would go with the third option. I hate the second option.

That poll is not very good. I could easily choose none of them as I could choose all of them.

Yes it's a woman's choice whether she wears it or not, but you could also be of the personal opinion that natural beauty is better, and that it depends on culture and social status etc.

Personally, I hate heavy make-makeup during the day, but go for it if you go clubbing. I do wear makeup when going out and sometimes at university, but would you believe me that no one even knows I'm wearing it? The guys especially seem to be clueless lol.

Tests have been done on makeup in the workforce, and women with some makeup were rated better by customers than those with none.

I didn't like the options either. I had to choose the second option because none of them fit enough.

My option is that I don't mind if a little makeup is used, but not a lot. I'm not attracted to clowns nor am I attracted to cake-faces. I prefer natural beauty. I don't want a girl that has to wear makeup to look good, because eventually I'm going to see her without makeup and I don't want to feel like shooting myself. My girlfriend only wears eyeliner... and I'm fine with that.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    less is always better.. it brings out the natural beauty.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

If makeup is used correctly, you hardly know it's there. Natural beauty takes a lot of makeup skill.

anachronistic Guest
    I want a woman that looks good without the makeup. I don't care if she wears it anyway, though.

Just like I use a hairspray and face moisturizer I'd prefer simple make-up (instead of 30 mins of work) and that which enhances the natural look rather than being obviously artificial.

I'd pick blushed cheeks over blue eye-shade any day.

Man I hate blue eyeshadow
    I also hate hairspray, although I have found one that is minimally icky and smells really good - still, I use it very occasionally.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Just like I use a hairspray and face moisturizer I'd prefer simple make-up (instead of 30 mins of work) and that which enhances the natural look rather than being obviously artificial.

I'd pick blushed cheeks over blue eye-shade any day.
    I am sure you look very pretty that way.

I don't mind make up that looks fake, though. Sometimes it is very sexy, but other times women just do it at the wrong time. It really depends on when and where.

By the way, do women use certain makeup for certain times? Like if you are going to be outside for a long time, do you use your makeup differently? Some women just don't know what looks beautiful outside... or on a rainy day... etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    By the way, do women use certain makeup for certain times? Like if you are going to be outside for a long time, do you use your makeup differently? Some women just don't know what looks beautiful outside... or on a rainy day... etc. etc.

Going out at night,

generally darker eyeshadow with several different blended colours. For lipstick, i like wearing natural colours all the time. I now wear a lipstain and lipgloss over it. It looks natural and lasts for ages.

During the day

, either natural-coloured eyeshadow, maybe mascara and lipgloss, or just lipgloss. Same for going out during the day.

If I wear foundation, it's mineral powder foundation. Again, like you're not wearing it at all.

As for rainy days... I don't change my make up to suit the weather - I'm yet to meet someone who does

anachronistic Guest
    So you're just concerned mainly with lighting circumstances?

I like these comments:

- like you're not wearing it at all.

- If makeup is used correctly, you hardly know it's there.

What about women doing tough jobs such that she may be the only female in the office or the meeting. She is younger than other male colleagues but to keep a good looking of herself, she wears a good amount of makeup? I mean foundation, face powder, eyeliner, eye shadow and lipstick. How do you regard that?
    N.B. That is what I do myself!

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    So you're just concerned mainly with lighting circumstances?
    Sort of, yeah.
    But it's mainly to do with the occasion. You tend to go out clubbing etc at night and so there's more 'need' to wear more make-up than you usually do. (some girls may not) It's just another part of dressing up. During the day, however, that same make-up would look tacky and/or trashy.

Why do you ask? What's your own opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    I like these comments:

- like you're not wearing it at all.

- If makeup is used correctly, you hardly know it's there.

What about women doing tough jobs such that she may be the only female in the office or the meeting. She is younger than other male colleagues but to keep a good looking of herself, she wears a good amount of makeup? I mean foundation, face powder, eyeliner, eye shadow and lipstick. How do you regard that?
    N.B. That is what I do myself!
    I'd like to hear a guy's opinion on that.

Why would you need to wear more makeup if you're the only woman and the youngest? What's the toughness of the job have to do with make-up? What's the correlation with all that?

You seriously wear foundation AND powder? Makes my skin itchy just thinking about it.
    I would expect a woman to wear more make-up if she had competition, but if you're the only woman...

What colours do you wear?

I personally wouldn't do it.

I do not know why, but I started wearing makeup when I was 18 and until now I cant stop using doing the same thing. Might be I am not using Red, Violet orange lipsticks which sound disgusting to me . I prefer light pink or coffee. Eye shadows I wear are light colours of lilac, green or grey. Due to allergy, I stopped using heavy back eyeliners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast