+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sneaking up on a deer

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Sneaking up on a deer

My mom, dad, and little sister came down to visit me today because it was my moms 50th birthday. I was showing her around some botanical gardens and we tried to approach a deer

And then there was this squirrel that was eating an ice cream cone
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 15-07-08 at 12:20 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Did you know that deer are Dichromatic, and only have a visible spectrum between the colors of blue and yellow, because of the pigment sensors in the cone cells of their eyes?

You should see some of these idiots try to sneak up on deer over here... in their big expensive camouflage gear, not knowing that their clothing are actually designed to appear to the animals as if they protrude out from nature.

I've seen lots of deers in the woods. Sneaked up on mother and son last summer. Then there are told to be awful lot of foxes this year, haven't seen one yet this year. But saw some footprints of wolves and wild boars this spring. Squirrels are very common thing, and when I worked in botanical garden, there was a nice big water rat also, or was it some kind of ferret, I don't know. Anyway, I saw a wild bunny yesterday, leaping in the forest, was a fatty one.

I wish I knew more about animals, I like animals, if I'd have a better life i would go to forest for nice picture hunting.
    Don't expect anything.

It makes me sad to see that squirrel hauling around garbage, but I am glad you and your mom weren't sneaking up on that deer with a rifle in your hands.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm still waiting to see a bear in the woods. I think I need to go farther out into the woods though

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    It makes me sad to see that squirrel hauling around garbage, but I am glad you and your mom weren't sneaking up on that deer with a rifle in your hands.
    lol we took that picture of the squirrel outside of a restaurant on campus that sells ice cream and milkshakes and stuff, that wasn't in the botanical gardens or the "Plantations"

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You didn't like watching Bambi very much, did you?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I've seen lots of deers in the woods. Sneaked up on mother and son last summer. Then there are told to be awful lot of foxes this year, haven't seen one yet this year. But saw some footprints of wolves and wild boars this spring. Squirrels are very common thing, and when I worked in botanical garden, there was a nice big water rat also, or was it some kind of ferret, I don't know. Anyway, I saw a wild bunny yesterday, leaping in the forest, was a fatty one.

I wish I knew more about animals, I like animals, if I'd have a better life i would go to forest for nice picture hunting.
    I can tell boobaa is an animal lover from his posts over the years.

boobaa what are you going to school for?

I'm also an animal lover and am taking Conservation Biology in the Fisheries and Wildlife program at a local university here. You should look into getting a job in the field. Utilize that passion and turn it into a career.

I don't have enough evidence from the photo, but I have a suspicion that DM's sister might be hot.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I can tell boobaa is an animal lover from his posts over the years.

boobaa what are you going to school for?

I'm also an animal lover and am taking Conservation Biology in the Fisheries and Wildlife program at a local university here. You should look into getting a job in the field. Utilize that passion and turn it into a career.
    I love animals too. I am mostly interested in fish and aquatic life, which sounds like that's what you like too

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I don't have enough evidence from the photo, but I have a suspicion that DM's sister might be hot.
    Oh god... well if she didn't look like a teenybopper she would. I am sure she will develop into a very pretty woman though.

Tone Guest
    lilwing I love all animals but I'm mostly into Fisheries & Wildlife for the wildlife portion

Brace yourself for this, but I've only been fishing maybe 4 times my whole life.

But I think being a marine biologist would be really cool too. I've always had a thing for whales & dolphins.