+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I begin a relationship with this girl?

Should I begin a relationship with this girl?

As some of you know, if you read my thread, my ex left me after 4 years. It's been almost 2 months since then and i feel alot better. I dated 2 girls, but just couldn't concentrate on them and their personality, i guess it was too soon to date someone. The last 3 weeks were good in some way, i managed to get over my ex, and when she comes in my mind i keep telling myself what a bitch she was. My problem now is that in the last 2 weeks i feel really bored, and I start getting depressed and feel lonely. All of my friends go out with me, but almost all of them have love partners. I'm at college now and so it's a 3 month vacation in the summer, probably the biggest reason I'm getting so bored. To get to the point, a friend of mine introduced to me a college girl, she said that girl likes me. The problem is I just think she is a nice person, but don't feel any attraction for her. I think i would only like her as a friend. So my question is... should I begin a relationship with this girl just to get rid of the loneliness and boredom?

Quote Originally Posted by tankian View Post
    As some of you know, if you read my thread, my ex left me after 4 years. It's been almost 2 months since then and i feel alot better. I dated 2 girls, but just couldn't concentrate on them and their personality, i guess it was too soon to date someone. The last 3 weeks were good in some way, i managed to get over my ex, and when she comes in my mind i keep telling myself what a bitch she was. My problem now is that in the last 2 weeks i feel really bored, and I start getting depressed and feel lonely. All of my friends go out with me, but almost all of them have love partners. I'm at college now and so it's a 3 month vacation in the summer, probably the biggest reason I'm getting so bored. To get to the point, a friend of mine introduced to me a college girl, she said that girl likes me. The problem is I just think she is a nice person, but don't feel any attraction for her. I think i would only like her as a friend. So my question is... should I begin a relationship with this girl just to get rid of the loneliness and boredom?
    That's a ridiculously stupid question unless the girl wants the same thing. To use her only to satisfy your boredom would be completely selfish of you. If you don't want a relationship with her but she wants one, then don't attempt anything. Don't hurt the girl.

That's what i was thinking also. I guess I should tell her that I'm not ready for a serious relationship at the moment and that if she wants a fun relationship to ocupy both of our time, if she wants it this way. I read somewhere that attraction could grow in time... just as feelings grow.
    Last edited by tankian; 22-07-08 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tankian View Post
    That's what i was thinking also. I guess I should tell her that I'm not ready for a serious relationship at the moment and that if she wants a fun relationship to ocupy both of our time, if she wants it this way. I read somewhere that attraction could grow in time... just as feelings grow.
    In my opinion, there has to be SOME physical attraction. Then, personality can make the girl seem even more attractive. But, if a butt ass ugly girl wanted to be with me, I wouldn't care if she had the best personality in the world... I just wouldn't have the attraction.

She's not ugly, just kind of skinny... but you're right, I won't get into a relationship just to get rid of my loneliness and boredom, thanks for lightening my mind, I'll just have to find something to do until college starts...

What's wrong with killing time as friends? Do you really need a relationship for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    What's wrong with killing time as friends? Do you really need a relationship for it?
    Because SHE might want to be in a relationship.