+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WMA to MP3

WMA to MP3

Anyone know a good Windows Media Audio files to MP3 converter or how I can change them to MP3s because WMA is gay and won't work with half the shit I want it to work with.

Thanks in advance.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Tone Guest
    I don't know if this helps but my iTunes does it for me automatically..

If I put a .wma on my playlist and try to sync it - it will turn it into a .mp3.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, there is an excellent program called Switch & its free. I have it for a Mac, but I'd guess there's a Win version. I use it to convert wma audio files into mp3s for podcasts.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I don't know if this helps but my iTunes does it for me automatically..

If I put a .wma on my playlist and try to sync it - it will turn it into a .mp3.
    thanks but I don't have an Ipod or use Itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Yes, there is an excellent program called Switch & its free. I have it for a Mac, but I'd guess there's a Win version. I use it to convert wma audio files into mp3s for podcasts.
    Thank you very much.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Proszę (I think?)

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

iTunes.
    Its the only free and easy to use program.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

[url]http://www.google.ee/search?q=wma+to+mp3&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a[/url]

Oh, and Mac with its iTunes can screw ass. OS for dummies and iTunes is just ugly. Can you make vbr on Mac? No. Macs are powerful... yes they are if you can only use them for 2 things.
    Don't expect anything.

Tedel Guest
    If you're going to change your music files, switch them to .mp3pro It's smaller and better.

There is a small software called JetAudio that helps you do so. If you pay for the commercial version, you can turn them just with a click. If you don't want to pay, choose the basic version and follow the procedure I wrote here:

From mp3 to mp3pro
    [url]http://heptagrama.com/en/i_ref_pcs_0030.htm[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    iTunes is kind of evil. I have a Mac, I use it, but unless you know how to skirt it, you can't do whatever you want w/the music files *you purchase*. That's just wrong.

FYI, there's another program called Hummingbird I've read is good & doesn't have the control issues the Mac product does.

Here in Canada, they actually charge us in advance a Copyright tax/fee just for purchasing writable media like CD & DVDs. In other words, we have to pay a penalty b/c we *might* use the media to make illegal copies. Use it for data storage only?--tough.

Since its been really difficult to get them to repeal this (tho some still try), many in Canada just copy stuff now guilt-free. Apparently we are top in the world for it. The assumption of guilt prior to the deed is disturbing & makes ppl mad. So now, they are discussing this $200 per file penalty when the police come to your house & rummage thru your files.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Proszę (I think?)

That is actually "please" hehe . That program works well enough. Thanks. I don't use anything apple.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So how do you say 'youre welcome', then?

So you got it? Good. Yes, I think it works just fine also. I'll probably buy the entire version just to have it (and support the developer).
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Don't buy music via iTunes, very few artists get % from there. There are actually lots of lawsuits because lots of tracks are sold illegally.
    Don't expect anything.

MACs are not faster than my custom built PC but I don't mind them considering most people who use them only use them to surf the net and some editing/data programs. This is fine, but it does not satisfy my needs so it annoys me when people try to convince me to like MACS lol ...considering half the things I like to USE on the PC are not compatible with MACS and don't exist on them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Games for mac still suck. I wanted to get that Rome-total war for my son but couldnt.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

So how do you say 'youre welcome', then?

So you got it? Good. Yes, I think it works just fine also. I'll probably buy the entire version just to have it (and support the developer).
    actually it kind of is the same thing. Please and your welcome. Most would say "Procze bardzo". My Polish is rusty, my main language is still English lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast