Ok.. here is the deal.

I'm in a rut. I need to get out. I haven't dated in the last two years, and to say the least, it is getting old.

First, lets cover the basics.

Physical: African American - 5'9 still attrative - don't look my age. I do need to lose some weight and am working on it. I'm in the gym 4 to 5 days a week - can run between 3 and 5 miles a day and still bench 225+

Marital Status: Divorced - 2 kids, 17 and 13. I know what your thinking, but my kids are very good - not crazy teenagers running around.

Career: I'm a software engineer, making good money.

Home: 5 bed room single family, 2 car garage, yada, yada, yada

Personality: I'm shy at first but warm up quickly. I have a quick wit and sharp mind. I'm comfortable with most topics of conversation. I do tend to think a lot and have a tendency to over analyise. But if your up for an intellectual challenge I'm your guy.

Other: I love to cook, I play music (bass, guitar and drums) and am very romantic - holding hands, long walks, that sort of thing.

So what's the problem? I can't seem find anyone to date. I've seen threads on this forum where women are saying that there are no good men other, yet I'm having a hard time finding someone I like to talk to, date and more.

What am I looking for? Well, I'm looking for an Asian or latin female between say 35 and 45 that will date an african american. Must be in the DC/MD/VA area - sorry, not interested in long distance.

As for physical characteristics: someone that is easy on the eyes, is slender to average, etc... (Any filipina's out there - I love the pinay look)

Any suggestions on where to go, what to do, where to look?