+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dumped & Devastated

Dumped & Devastated

My lover for 6 yrs just dumped me for another girl & it made me hopeless & very ill.We lived together and he committed infidelities several times but still because of my super love for him i always end up giving him another chance.My whole life evolved around him only.I gave up my friends & family coz of him.During those years he was jobless and i was the one who provided him everything..In fairness of him I also felt that he somehow love me anyhow...(maybe he loved me coz he needed me materially)aagh!!!
    Last year he landed a job in South Korea (we are fr. the Philippines)...He always calls & even remitted money on my bday as his gift & chatted online regularly till this March,suddenly our communication went off totally that made me literally insane thinking what might have happen to him.
    April he called up saying nothing & seems very casual den immediately hanged-up...Miss called 2x in May then no more....TILL the SHOCK of my life when he displayed his PHOTO in messenger with HIS New girl!!!
    I was devastated!Crying all night w/o eating.I shouted FOUL!!! How could he!!!Pls advice me on what to do..I wanna kill myself..I cant go on without HIM!Should i write him emails & ask him HOW could he??Its his bday tom & i want to greet him...PLS HELP me!

Girl, where's your self-esteem? You let this guy do whatever he wanted to. Wasn't it enough for you that he cheated on you once? You're lucky if you haven't caught any disease. You have to learn from this unhealthy relationships and not be indulgent towards men in future. Now you're heartbroken, angry and in shock, but in 3-4 years time you'll be glad that this relationship ended.
    Cry yourself out, make a list of things that hurt you in the past in that relationship and never ever let yourself repeat them.
    Here I found useful links on "What to expect when you get dumped!" [url]http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/what-expect-when-you-get-dumped-123862.html[/url]
    and "List of things to do after a breakup" [url]http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/list-things-do-after-breakup-78597.html[/url]

He sounds like complete crap. I would lose respect for a man who depends on his women financially. Plus, he doesn't even have love for you. He is CRAP.

As much as I'd like to feel sorry for you, I can't.

He cheated on you multiple times and yet you still took him back. You abandoned friends and family for a guy whose heart was never full in this relationship. He used you to get what he wanted and you played into his game. Luckily, you can learn from this experience.

Have expectations in relationships. Don't let a guy use you. Have some self-respect.

You can live without him. Life will go on.

Don't contact him. Never speak to him again. It's the only way to keep your integrity. Move on with your life and find someone better. With how he treated you, I'm sure that won't be hard.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Stay here and post when ever you get the urge to talk to him and feel like you can't make it through this.Today I'm celebrating 3 weeks of dumping a total liar who did nothing more then use my love for him to get his way.Everyone here has been so supportive and are the reason I had the strength to make it this far.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    As much as I'd like to feel sorry for you, I can't.

He cheated on you multiple times and yet you still took him back. You abandoned friends and family for a guy whose heart was never full in this relationship. He used you to get what he wanted and you played into his game. Luckily, you can learn from this experience.

Have expectations in relationships. Don't let a guy use you. Have some self-respect.

You can live without him. Life will go on.

Don't contact him. Never speak to him again. It's the only way to keep your integrity. Move on with your life and find someone better. With how he treated you, I'm sure that won't be hard.
    Ah, welcome back lovie.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ah, welcome back lovie.
    I guess we'll see how long this lasts!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I guess we'll see how long this lasts!
    You've got 3 weeks to make nice.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You've got 3 weeks to make nice.
    I'll actually be taking a week off from this place in two weeks. And I'll likely be gone all of September.

6 years together is a long time, I doubt his answers to your questions is something you want to hear. It will be hard to move on, but it will get easier for you slowly and with time.

We don't like to acknowledge when we've been used especially by someone we loved, the pain of that knowledge can be unbearable. Though , there probably were some good times at some point in time, hold on to these memories of the birghter days, at least you had them, they will help you to let go.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~