+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help handling this...

I need help handling this...

Alright, here's the situation. My girlfriend and I went out for a little bit over 2 years, we lived together and what not, then 3 months ago we broke up, we decided we were fighting too much and we should try being friends and if that goes well we can give it another try. We still lived together because I was moving out of state to go play football and go to school. Anyway, my ex has a friend, I'll call her Heather, they call each other best friends but really they barely ever hang out and talk maybe every two weeks or so, they are hella flaky towards each other.

Alright so Heather, is absolutely gorgeous, smart, funny, sweet, caring, and she's got her head on straight...basically the total package. She's been going out with this guy for like 3+ years, he's been living like 2 hours away for the last few years, and he doesn't treat her the way she deserves to be treated. He's always smoking weed when she goes to visit even though she hates it. He calls her just about every day but will only talk to her for like 5 minutes. He doesn't really do anything fun with her when she visits him he just wants to sit around and smokes. Pretty much he doesn't appreciate how special she truly is and how lucky he is to have her. They've broken up like two times in the last three months.

Anyway, I've always had a little crush on her ever since I first met her but I never really put any thought into something more because I was in a relationship and so was she. She's commented to my ex on several occasions that she wishes her boyfriend was as built as I am, how she likes my style, and also how she thinks that I am "hot." Anyway, before I left she came to my going away party and we were just talking for like 30-45 minutes and I was happier then I have been in a long time just sitting there talking with her. So I moved three weeks ago and since then I haven't been able to get her off my mind, every time I close my eyes I'm thinking of her. I was thinking about writing her a letter just explaining everything I'm feeling but I don't wanna ruin a friendship...any thoughts or comments? Thanks in advance for any input.

Sounds like he is treating her probably the way you are treating your current girl.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I'm not treating my current girl badly because I don't have one. I mentioned in the post that we broke up months ago because we are better off being just friends. I have never neglected any of my previous girlfriends, never cheated or even thought about cheating and I have always treated them with the utmost respect.

Maybe than you should wait till she is single like you?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

How big is the distance? Would you be able to regularly see her from there?

She's in a relationship? So what? She's not married so she's fair game. Hell, even if she was married she's fair game.

Tap that ass. And then get it on video and post it on the internet.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Disregard post #6. The account has been hacked. The owner will be contacted shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Disregard post #6. The account has been hacked. The owner will be contacted shortly.
    No way. It's all me.

Things evolve. I'm living proof.

I'm all carefree now. To hell with morality. It's all about the "what I want" philosophy now!

You broke up with this girl to see whether you could be friends, but meanwhile you're going after her friend who's already in a relationship?

Sounds like a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    You broke up with this girl to see whether you could be friends, but meanwhile you're going after her friend who's already in a relationship?

Sounds like a bad idea.
    Why would that be a bad idea. A man's gotta take everything he can. It's all up for grabs! Shit, the more women a man can have the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Why would that be a bad idea. A man's gotta take everything he can. It's all up for grabs! Shit, the more women a man can have the better.
    I'll answer this for the OP... you, person, just...shush

1. you are not the judge of how good someone else's relationship is. he calls her everyday for 5 mins - that's plenty. Not everyone likes phones, I hate them.

2. she's been with this guy for 3 years

3. who are you to decide that they never do any fun together? or that she doesn't have a good time? Have you got a spy-cam set up in the house?

4. she's your ex's friend. You agreed to be friends with your ex. If you go after this Heather, you'll ruin their friendship and yours and you'll possibly have a pot-head after you.

and at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    I'll answer this for the OP... you, person, just...shush

1. you are not the judge of how good someone else's relationship is. he calls her everyday for 5 mins - that's plenty. Not everyone likes phones, I hate them.

2. she's been with this guy for 3 years

3. who are you to decide that they never do any fun together? or that she doesn't have a good time? Have you got a spy-cam set up in the house?

4. she's your ex's friend. You agreed to be friends with your ex. If you go after this Heather, you'll ruin their friendship and yours and you'll possibly have a pot-head after you.
    None of those are reasons he shouldn't pursue this girl!

He's gotta do what's best for him. To hell with everyone else.

But, if he doesn't smoke weed, he might be better for that girl. No? Or, maybe he'd like manage a trois? No?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Poor Raver. His niche has been usurped by Cain, lol.

Are you gonna become an alcoholic too, hun?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast