+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this kinda stupid?

is this kinda stupid?

I met a gal about 3 year ago via internet. She became my best friend over the time. The thing is that she is living far away from me and I never saw her in real life. But we both really like each other. I am not sure how to define this “like” but from my side...I love her…it’s like she is everywhere...I think about her before I go to bed..Have dreams about her...feel bad if I can’t talk to her on some days...etc.
    I don’t know what to do..I am not sure what kind of feelings she has for me...Somehow I was not man enough to ask her...Think I am too afraid..
    Besides that..can something like this work in case that she does love me too?..it is kinda wired situation to me..and I really don’t know what to do..Does someone know what the best is?

anachronistic Guest
    Her feelings for you are probably very similar.

Online relationships sometimes work out. Those are called "miracles"

Tell her you love her. What does she say?

I hate to say this, but I don't see this working.

How old are you both?

How far away does she live?

Is she single?

Would you be willing to move there or would she be willing to move near you?

Do you know when you'd be able to end the distance?

And most of all, do you really know she is who she says she is?

The last question is the biggest and most important. You can not truly know someone JUST from their behavior online. Have you even talked to her on the phone? The way people act in person are very different from their online persona sometimes. Keep in mind, also, that she very well could be using a false persona.

I remember someone on this very forum mention that they were tricked by a woman who turned out not to be real.

I also know of a kid that was 'dating' this girl online. This went on for years... until one day he found out that the girl he was dating was actually the mother using her daughter's pictures to attract boys.

Be very careful.
    I don't chase, I replace.

anachronistic Guest
    If you want it to work out, there will have to be a point where you eventually meet each other... and eventually begin living together.

You have to start planning these things out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    If you want it to work out, there will have to be a point where you eventually meet each other... and eventually begin living together.

You have to start planning these things out soon.
    I'm assuming that the OP lives far away from this girl. I wouldn't even be surprised if they lived in separate countries. The problem then becomes that it's too risky for them to move toward one another because depending on the distance, they might only be able to see each other once every few months. That's not enough to be able to determine compatibility in regards to living together.

I'm also willing to bet that the OP is very young... 17-21.

anachronistic Guest
    What makes you think the poster is young? I am guessing mid/late-twenties, since English seems to be their second language.

Aside from the fact that he's too scared to ask what her feelings are, the situation is a little too out there for it to happen to someone that's more experienced.

OP, if you want to continue with this girl, you have to move things forward somehow. Ask her about her feelings. And definitely get a webcam and see what this girl looks like, and let her see you. Otherwise she is just a fantasy girl to you.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    before you get too serious online with her, why don't you meet her?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

ok the thing is be both are abuot 20 nd we do a lot of chatting via msn nd also with webcam..we phoned 1-2 times..nd from that i think i know her very well..but the problem is..she lives about 900km far away..nd thats the point..does anyone of u think that this relationship has future?

he is right with that

Quote Originally Posted by fräsch View Post
    ok the thing is be both are abuot 20 nd we do a lot of chatting via msn nd also with webcam..we phoned 1-2 times..nd from that i think i know her very well..but the problem is..she lives about 900km far away..nd thats the point..does anyone of u think that this relationship has future?
    What relationship?

You haven't even met her.

And you don't even know if she has any feelings for you.

You really need to tell her how you feel. You'll never get any where until you make that first step.

Tedel Guest
    Your friendship (let me remark this, please) with this girl is quite beautiful, for sure, but it is not love. It is just as my relationship with Santi, an Indonesian girl I met on IRC about seven years ago.

Santi and I have wrote each other about 500 pages of emails. I kept them all. We have telephoned each other from mobile to mobile more than once. We have told each other our darkest deeds through IM but we both admit we are just very good friends. We cannot be anything more than that unless one of us crosses the inmense Pacific ocean.

You have been warned.

Cain, good to see you back ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast