+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lying about age

anachronistic Guest

Lying about age

Why do some women do this? I met a really nice girl today, we had a little conversation, she told me she was 18, she gave me her MSN addy so that we could talk a little more, and her profile it says she's 19.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was still in high school Bleah. If that's the case, I'm reconsidering it.

It was just a year so maybe it was just a slip of the tongue? You should ask her!

I dunno...sometimes I forget whether I'm 36 or 37. Sad...my old age is catching up with me lol. I'd never purposely lie though.

I think what he's saying is that she's probably younger than 18.

Why would a 19 year old say she was 18? She's probably 17.
    I don't chase, I replace.

anachronistic Guest
    Yeah I am thinking when a girl that young slips her tongue about her age she is probably lying. Then again, I really don't care if it's that little of a difference. It would bother me if she was still in high school or underage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I think what he's saying is that she's probably younger than 18.

Why would a 19 year old say she was 18? She's probably 17.
    Ok, I see now. I was just thinking maybe she forgot how old she was. But young people don't do that, do they?

Uh oh, LW. Danger Will Robinson! Definitely ask her about this! I'm curious to see what she says.

Young people do do that
    I have done it twice, usually the year after a huge significant celebration. That is, my 18 bday party was pretty significnt and so was that age, that when I turned 19 I still imagined myself to be 18 for a little while. I'd hesitate when asked my age.

Same thing for 21, even bigger to-do about being 21. I turned 22 pretty quietly, was a very busy academic and private-life year... I said I was 21 once, then thought "hang on, I've had my 22nd, right? what date is it?"

Well, I can safely say that I wouldn't want to date someone that forgets how old they are.

Hahahhahaha. Anachro, I can't believe you'll turn down a girl just because she might have told you the wrong age. Rofl! Oh, btw, I never put my age anywhere and if I'm asked to type in my exact birth date, I type in the birth date of a guy I ased to like, which makes me 1 year older online. I LOVE my privacy

Me and LW are totally two different people.

But I'm sorry... I like intelligence and forgetting your age just shows a lack of it.

anachronistic Guest
    I'm still trying to determine whether she is lying, she forgot, or she purposely put that on her profile for whatever the hell reason paranoid people do that kind of thing.

Neither of those reasons turn me on, either. I guess if you just had your birthday... and it is kind of like getting used to writing the date on paper, after new year.

I don't like sneaky bitches, and that's sign number one. I don't need to date ninjas or secret spies. I guess we'll see, won't we?

edit: this forum is ****ing with me. When I went to save changes, instead of "save" it said "vote now"

Well, I can safely say that I wouldn't want to date someone that forgets how old they are.
    I'd never want to date someone with such rigid criteria for dating.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'd never want to date someone with such rigid criteria for dating.
    Good thing we're not dating then, huh?

And it's good to be picky. That's why I'm not going to be posting on this forum about how my gf is a liar, cheater, or slut.

Good thing we're not dating then, huh?

And it's good to be picky. That's why I'm not going to be posting on this forum about how my gf is a liar, cheater, or slut.
    It IS good to be picky. Hey, if you can find a girl who fits the mold you've made for her, then more power to you.

For me, as long as the big stuff is covered: e.g., he is a kind person, has a steady job, respects me, is faithful, shares future goals, etc., then everything else is just gravy.

A little forgetfulness I can forgive.
    Last edited by starbuck; 10-08-08 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    It IS good to be picky. Hey, if you can find a girl who fits the mold you've made for her, then more power to you.

For me, as long as the big stuff is covered: e.g., he is a kind person, has a steady job, respects me, is faithful, shares future goals, etc., then everything else is just gravy.

A little forgetfulness I can forgive.
    I figure there's just too many women out there for me to just settle for someone that doesn't fit what I'm looking for. Forgetting your age is... apparently... one of them. It's like forgetting what your name is.

anachronistic Guest
    Well, as long as she doesn't have amnesia or she's not a high school teenybopper, I don't care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast