+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to make things work

Trying to make things work

Haven't been on here in a while now...

I been with this girl for 5ish months (from December til June). She completely fell in love with me and I fell in love with her. It was all good for 5 months (or so I thought, she never expressed to me what was on her mind until it was too late)

She broke up with me in June because we had been fighting for 2 weeks straight pretty much and because 2 months into the relationship I guess I changed according to her saying I stopped trying and stuff (basically I shattered her heart) I couldn't fully see that but I vowed to myself that would never happen again and I would show her who I really am. When she broke up with me she said she wanted to make things work and still does want to but she just needed time because of all the stress in her life.

The fighting only got worse because every little thing that I would do would only irritate her because she was on a short string with me to begin with cause I broke her heart. So we decided to take a break from hanging out with each other and only kept it to talking. It got to the point where whenever she would get mad I would just take it like a b1tch and keep my mouth shut just so she wouldn't get any more mad.

Before our break we went on a little road-trip and I spent over $200 bucks on the both of us (mind you I'm still in college and work part time) For most part of the trip she was b1tchy to me.

After our break from each other ended, which was yesterday, we went to a waterpark and I spent another $120 on food, gas, tickets etc. things were looking better because we were talking again and I could hold her hand. This morning I told her how I had the worst dream ever which was about her cheating on me (I thought we could talk about anything, guess not) she got extremely pissed told me not to talk to her for a few hours cause she was so mad.

I'm just so torn up right now, I'm feeling so much anger and sadness. She said she wants to make things work but I don't know if she's willing to TRY and make things work cause I broke her heart.

Is this quote true?
    "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were."
    -- Kahlil Gibran

Im pretty much down to that last option..............

I need yours guys input

She sounds psychotic.

Major fighting in the first 5 months of dating?

Treating you like a doormat and you spending unnecessary large amount of money on a chronic complainer even after breakup?

Getting anger because you told her dream about cheating? huge red flag.

All occurring in the honeymoon stage of relationship?

Leave her be...unless you want to deal with the chronic complainer for a longer time.

Spending money on her is not going to just magically turn things around or make her treat you better.

Additionally, if you guys aren't even back together, then why would you bring up her cheating on you? Sure you can talk about anything, but you're not even back together and you start talking about having a dream where she cheated on you. If you feel the need to bring up your fear of her cheating on you when you aren't even together, that just screams insecurity to me. I think I'd be pretty pissed off if I was with a girl having a really good time, had a good night, then you're lying in bed together the next morning enjoying each other and she says, "You know, I had this dream last night that you cheated on me. Would you ever do that?" If you need to ask, then you don't trust the person and honestly I'd tell them to grab their shit and hit the road.

The real question is, why do you want to be with someone that you constantly fight with?
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt View Post
    Spending money on her is not going to just magically turn things around or make her treat you better.

Additionally, if you guys aren't even back together, then why would you bring up her cheating on you? Sure you can talk about anything, but you're not even back together and you start talking about having a dream where she cheated on you. If you feel the need to bring up your fear of her cheating on you when you aren't even together, that just screams insecurity to me. I think I'd be pretty pissed off if I was with a girl having a really good time, had a good night, then you're lying in bed together the next morning enjoying each other and she says, "You know, I had this dream last night that you cheated on me. Would you ever do that?" If you need to ask, then you don't trust the person and honestly I'd tell them to grab their shit and hit the road.

The real question is, why do you want to be with someone that you constantly fight with?
    Both my gf and I have had dreams that the other cheated. We never accused the other or even suggested that it could happen. It's just funny to talk about because of the people we each cheated with.
    I don't chase, I replace.

gHEXjt-

Thanks for the advice but lol at the insecurity comment. It was a dream, yea it sucked but I don't have a fear of her cheating on me.
    Dreams are random and I was like "I had the worst dream ever" bla bla bla. I wasn't accusing her of it just telling her about my dream I had.

Anyways, she apologized for going off on me and she said it was all her fault