+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking a girl out (next step!)

Asking a girl out (next step!)

Bassicly, i'm going out with this girl tonight, and we both like eachother, so why we aren't officially going out already is abit weired lol but ..
    She's 19 and i don't know how to ask her? is the question "you want to start a relationship" or "so you can to start going out?" to blunt and not very appealing to a girl ?
    Help, how would you liked to be asked out ?
    thanks.

I don't understand... are you already dating, but want to make it exclusive?

If so, tell her "I'm not dating anyone else, nor am I interested... are you?" If she says she isn't dating anyone else, then tell her you'd like to be exclusive.

Like, niether of us have asked eachother out, we've just decided to go out together tonight, so we're not like officially with each other, i just want to ask her out properly..

Does she know this is a date (tonight)? If the word "date" wasn't used, she may think you are hanging out as friends. You must use the word "date" (or its equivelent) when you ask her out so she is clear about your romantic interest.

If this is your first date, then it is too soon to ask her to be your girlfriend. You should date at least a half-a-dozen times before asking her to be exclusive. You may find you don't even like her all that much after date 3.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Does she know this is a date (tonight)? If the word "date" wasn't used, she may think you are hanging out as friends. You must use the word "date" (or its equivelent) when you ask her out so she is clear about your romantic interest.

If this is your first date, then it is too soon to ask her to be your girlfriend. You should date at least a half-a-dozen times before asking her to be exclusive. You may find you don't even like her all that much after date 3.
    thats so right on. Please dont tell me you are "hanging out" with this girl and you wanna ask her to be your girlfriend already! she's gonna freak out. but if it's a DATE then she knows you want to be more than friends and yall can go from there. and if it's a DATE, you should take your time and go on at least A FEW DATES before you decide to "go steady"
    When I had a girlfriend, and before I decided to live the single life, I learned a thing or two about keeping the peace. This book helped.

[URL="http://www.itshelpful.com/makingup"]The Magic of Making Up[/URL]

Well, i knew she liked me, and i've done it (as awkward as i thought it was) so yeyyyy