+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dates are boring

Dates are boring

My boyfriend and i dont usually do much on our dates anymore. he has to wait until next year til he can get his license so we are pretty limited in where we can go. we normally go to restaurants to eat and just walk around a lot. he never plans anything for us to do, where as i have many a times.

i get a bit annoyed at this and tell him about it, and he takes it as me seeing him a boring. i love him to death, and i dont find him boring. i just want to spend our time experiencing new things rather than doing the same thing everyday.

am i being mean by wanting this? oh and a question for the girls..do you find it hard to shop with your boyfriend. i find that i prefer to shop alone, that way i dont keep him waiting for me.

anyone have any advice on what i should do? thanks for reading guys, i've missed you esp fras and his hilarious posts..which are sometimes meant to be serious
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Why would your boyfriend go shopping with you? Isn't that what girlfriends are for?

Try doing more active things for your dates (bike rides, hiking, swiming). Also, try doing double-dates or group dates.

Doing the same thing over and over does get repetitive and boring. It's always good to find new things to do.

And don't drag him shopping with you.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    your boyfriend can'r **** you; st0p pretending. this is not going places. making threads wont displace the fear.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sine get a real man. you can, you know, support bitches and you fail.

anachronistic Guest
    Have your parents drop you off at the zoo or something. Sheesh. Can't be hard for you to find things to do unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

I agree...don't take the boyfriend shopping. He'll just get bored sitting in that "boyfriend chair" that most stores have, and you will feel rushed while trying things on and buy stuff you don't need.

As for less boring dates, here are a few suggestions: paintball, an amusement park, going to the beach (or a lake if you're landlocked), going for a romantic walk in the woods, or inviting another couple over for game night (as in board games).

If you find another couple who wants to go to these places, maybe you can bum a ride.

Tedel Guest
    As I see it, you are just lacking imagination. There are hundreds of cool things you can do in a city. A few below:

. Visit a museum
    . Go to the zoo
    . Visit an art gallery
    . Go to a pub
    . (Try to) sing in a karaoke bar
    . Watch TV at home
    . Cook together
    . Make out in a park
    . Play something... even Monopoly can get fun!

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Why would your boyfriend go shopping with you? Isn't that what girlfriends are for?

Try doing more active things for your dates (bike rides, hiking, swiming). Also, try doing double-dates or group dates.
    That is probably the first time in forum history I agree with ssh, in fact, she red my mind at least 70%.
    Don't expect anything.

Don't wait your boyfriend to do something, you must make the move. I mean you have to do something else that both of you will enjoy your date.

Shopping with bf? For me, I won't allow him to be with me. I find it very disturbing, irritating sometimes...I'm not used to have a companion when i do shopping.