+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder?

I used to go out with this one girl. This was 2 girlfriends back, but she was the last "long" relationship I've had. I went out with her for 5 years. But from time to time, I always wonder how it would be like if i were to still be with her. Out of nowhere I just get suddenly depressed. It's like I'm thinking, what happened? or something like that. I've realized a lot of things since but I just keep wondering if I'm doing the same mistakes to others after her. I'm wondering, do I miss the relationship? or do i miss the person in the relationship? Have any of you ever missed being in a relationship but not miss the person IN the relationship?
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, I dated a guy for 5 years. I used to get so depressed when I thought about how we didn't last, but after a while I realized I didn't miss HIM at all. I missed the 'being-in-a-long-term-committed-relationship' thing. It took me awhile to realize that, but now that I do, I don't think about it anymore.

what made you get out of that "missing it" feeling?
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Quote Originally Posted by PandaCivic
    what made you get out of that "missing it" feeling?
    please let me know too. i cant let go of my previous relationship. nothing seems to replace that warm feeling of being in someones arms, or having someone that knows everything about you and that you've shared so many special things with, that no one else can ever understand. missing a relationship either makes me miss all the new opportunities because im still stuck on old things, or it makes me try make everything else in my life like that without any success. Its not even the relationship thats so important, its just knowing that im in something, or that theres someone out there that loves n cares for me. i just want to havethat again:/
    If you've met me, you'll worry, if you know me you'll smile.

I want to know too - Everytime I think I am over my ex I realize I am thinking about her and I really miss her -- I dont want to miss her - I dont want to think of her - I dont want to be with her - How the hell do I stop thinking about her ?!

It's crazy. I'm 26, and I've dated my fair share of women over the years. But from time to time I think back to my highschool girlfriend. We dated for about 2.5 years. In a lot of ways, I don't think I've ever met anyone as great as her. Sure we were kids and my memory of her is very rose tinted, but I do think about it a little. Not that it upsets me or anything, just a "what if"...

wow, i thought i was the only one feeling this way. being that THAT was my longest relationship, i guess that's why i miss the whole concept of it more. these other girls i'm "seeing" i just want to skip all the "chasing" and get on with becoming something or at least get to the point where you can actually make someone happy. but i guess the hunt for the perfect relationship has it's battle scars. i'm still working on mine...