+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Cuba!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Go Cuba!

Cuba, teensy little island, has 7 men in the boxing semi-finals and that number is rising. All the American fighters but one have washed out. Cuba is stomping the whole ****ing world.
    Last edited by Gribble; 21-08-08 at 07:29 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Well, I'm not a boxing fan, but I will congratulate you anyway because I love Cubans.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's with the dumb embargo?

I hate that shit.

anachronistic Guest
    Heh heh, I've been watching boxing too. Another exciting year. With all the steroids and fancy workout gyms and shit, I'm surprised that's happened.

Cubans be representing! <--- half-Cuban

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Cubans be representing! <--- half-Cuban
    Count another half in!

Go cuba!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow... by the way, did you happen to notice the 45 or so gold medals that china has?? forget the cigars, i'm stuck here cheering for the fried duck with the plum sauce.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    wow... by the way, did you happen to notice the 45 or so gold medals that china has?? forget the cigars, i'm stuck here cheering for the fried duck with the plum sauce.

raverboy
    Small island vs. One of the largest populations on the planet...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not to mention China got 11 of their golds in gymnastics with underage gymnasts and that the judges were favoring the Chinese against the Americans, as said by the greatest gymnastics coach of all time Bela Karolyi

It is so annoying that the major sports like basketball, baseball, volleyball, and soccer, i.e. the sports that should matter most, have like 2 gold medals for each of them. Then in gymnastics and racing and diving they hand out about 1,000 medals. 1 basketball or baseball medal should count as 100 medals

Baseball means shit in the Olympics anyways when the best players in the world aren't allowed to compete.

Baseball won't be represented in the 2012 olympics.

Maybe if the MLB weren't such little pissy babies, it'd be more fun. I'd love to see a Dream Team for baseball.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Baseball means shit in the Olympics anyways when the best players in the world aren't allowed to compete.
    The best in the world? Shit. Few years back America was destroyed. By Cuba again no less.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

You have to remember that a lot of the players in the MLB would play for other countries too. The best baseball players play in the MLB. It's not just the US that's not being represented well.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most of the best players from other countries in the sports people actually care about like basketball live in the US and play in the NBA or WNBA

And why are you guys for Cuba? I'm Italian and German and English and couldn't give less of a crap about how well any of them do

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Most of the best players from other countries in the sports people actually care about like basketball live in the US and play in the NBA or WNBA

And why are you guys for Cuba? I'm Italian and German and English and couldn't give less of a crap about how well any of them do
    I honestly could care less about how anyone does, I'm not even really keeping up with who's winning or whatever...except the chinese, those cheaters deserve to lose.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Me too. The main 3 things I care about are

1) Mens basketball

2) Watching Michael Phelps make history

3) Hoping China loses its 11 gold medals and they are reassigned to those who aren't cheating

That is the thing about some of these other cultures, cheating is supported on a national level, whereas in Western culture it occurs on the individual level like Marion Jones and everyone including Americans end up hating her for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast