+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Enough mind games!!!

Enough mind games!!!

Hello All,

I just met a guy. He is sweet and wonderful. It's really early into this relationship but I'm getting mixed signals...

We got together on the weekend (no sex involved, just a few kisses). we've known each other for about a month and there was always a bit of a spark. 2 days after we got together, he invited me to his place to stay over. so i went. nothing happened though, we didn't sleep together or anything. we just had a really good time at his place watching movies and stuff.

The thing is, he recently broke up with his girlfriend who has been overseas since january. Although i know this, i didn't think it would be so bad for him considering she's been gone for a while. I also just recently broke up with my ex due to the same reasons, I was overseas, he was in the UK. I'm pretty over mine, but i'm starting to wonder about him? so am i just the rebound girl or what? he hasn't called me or anything even though he has my number. he also has my e-mail address, but no e-mails. He replies to the ones i send, but never sends one first.

He replied to a text i sent him, saying he'd like to get together this weekend.

HELP!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?! is he interested or not? how do i interpret what's going on and should i quit while i'm ahead or give it a shot?

I think i really like the guy. it's early days yet but I don't want to get hurt AGAIN, but also don't want to miss the opportunity to have a great relationship with a decent guy.

what should i do....? i'm so confused....

[QUOTE=MzMuppet]Hello All,

I am not a male, so I can't give you much insight there, but I think of the beginning stages of a 'relationship' as tennis game.

If you hit the ball to him, then it's his turn to hit it back. If he doesn't, it's probably not a good sign. But, there may be a communication problem. Maybe he has lost your number or something? Always allow for this possibility...you can then contact him again, but if no reply, forget him. He will come to you on his own time if he is so inclined.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahahaha first off...manderbug, you being a male doesn't prevent you from giving good advice.

now to the muppet.. well being that both of you just got out of previous relationships you should already have in mind that you're both looking for someone to fill the void. that is the given that you already understand. secondly, he has your number and email, but he might be the type of person who doesn't really call out all that much. i hate talking to my gf or whatevers when i have one, on the phone because when i'm around her, i will have completely nothing to talk about. you need time to miss the person so when you're together with them, it will be magical. as far as where things are going between the two of you, my only suggestion is that you take things really slow. yeah yeah, you feel as though you don't wanna rush it, so don't. it's hard to take things slow because you're both longing for the comfort of another person, and when you reach another level, it makes you smile. BUT both of you barely know eachother, even though you feel as thought you're bonding completely with this person. i just rushed my last interest only to get burnted which is why i'm in the world of hate now..haha, but hey, it's life. i'll live. so in the end, have some dates, spend time together, however, cut back on the affection. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by MzMuppet View Post
    Hello All,

I just met a guy. He is sweet and wonderful. It's really early into this relationship but I'm getting mixed signals...

We got together on the weekend (no sex involved, just a few kisses). we've known each other for about a month and there was always a bit of a spark. 2 days after we got together, he invited me to his place to stay over. so i went. nothing happened though, we didn't sleep together or anything. we just had a really good time at his place watching movies and stuff.

The thing is, he recently broke up with his girlfriend who has been overseas since january. Although i know this, i didn't think it would be so bad for him considering she's been gone for a while. I also just recently broke up with my ex due to the same reasons, I was overseas, he was in the UK. I'm pretty over mine, but i'm starting to wonder about him? so am i just the rebound girl or what? he hasn't called me or anything even though he has my number. he also has my e-mail address, but no e-mails. He replies to the ones i send, but never sends one first.

He replied to a text i sent him, saying he'd like to get together this weekend.

HELP!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?! is he interested or not? how do i interpret what's going on and should i quit while i'm ahead or give it a shot?

I think i really like the guy. it's early days yet but I don't want to get hurt AGAIN, but also don't want to miss the opportunity to have a great relationship with a decent guy.

what should i do....? i'm so confused....

Honestly he is in rebound mode. I should know...In time he may be right in the head. 6 months may be a good estimate of time. But your going to be going at snails pace until then. You know..u could look at it like this...He is fun to be around obviously...try not to expect anything from him. Just take the time and enjoy the friendship and u never know. Best of Luck

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he doesn't call you about this weekend, forget it.

These "mind games" have clearly driven you crazy over him. That should tell you something. When people withdraw their attention from you, especially people you like, it has a huge impact on you and it makes you want them more. Try the same thing on him. You shouldn't quit, he sounds like a guy who has his priorities straight and knows what he's doing. If he was all over you, then you wouldn't have any space for yourself and you would be a lot less passionate about him.

About his ex, don't think about it or else it'll make you insecure and you'll become too clingy. Have confidence in yourself and know that you're better than his ex. Even if you ARE a "rebound" that doesn't mean that you guys won't work. Usually everyone is a "rebound" to a certain degree because most people only really get over their ex when they meet someone new.

Just take things slow and try and have fun