+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Opening up

Opening up

I don't know how to flirt, or how to be intentionally funny. Usually when someone finds me funny, I do it by accident. It frustrates me when I try to flirt, I usually suck at it, then the same girl I'm interested in is more into another guy who knows how to be funny and how to flirt.

I think the reason why I became this way is a number of things. My mom and I never talk, and at most, we talk maybe 30 minutes a week. I'm 19 and going to community college, so I still live with my parents and I'm going to transfer to a 4-year university next year. I'd say my mom and I never really had a real conversation.

I've been through relationships with girl players, who act like they like me but really don't just to boost their own egos and other bullshit.

That said, I'm distrusting of girls when it comes to relationships. I can talk with girls as friends, but I'm wary of showing interest or attraction to girls. I'm not very smooth and never really have been.

What can I do to solve this? I've built self-confidence since high school by going to the gym regularly for a year, but I also want to better myself by seeming interesting.
    [url]www.myspace.com/michael_does_not_like_you[/url]

Go to the the thread, and view the videos to get some insight, they might help.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/personal-development-forum/23794-helpful-advice-eye-candy.html[/url]

Maybe you need advice from others as to how to flirt.
    Take to friends ( female ), siblings ( sister ), or view videos on how to do it.

It will come with experience and you'll be very comfortable at it in the end.

Find scenarios that you've been in that seem funny, or stuff you've
    seen, heard that you can remember to catch her interest.
    Practice reading body language, making eye contact,
    approaching her when you feel she's welcoming.

P.S. Practice, Practice, Practice.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

I think you should just go with the flow and not think of your interactions with girls as a kind of "performance." Just be yourself, and you'll feel more relaxed and therefore more approachable.

If you want to be more interesting, try reading the newspaper everyday. Sounds like a kooky suggestion, I know. But reading is great for your intellect. You'll be well-versed on current events and always have something to talk about with people if you hit a lull in conversation.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

anachronistic Guest
    ^^ What they said.

Plus, the way you act around women, shouldn't be much different from the way you act around men. All it takes is being a good conversationalist, and you pretty much have it.

And toss one off before you go out. That will get rid of all those extra thoughts you don't need.

Just be yourself, and go with the flow. Cliched advice, sure, but it's damn good advice!
    Frasbee caught me doing something naughty with my signature. He told me that if I continue to do so, he'll bend me over his knee and ban my ass.