+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was I wrong for dumping him?

Was I wrong for dumping him?

I just broke up with my boyfriend yesterday, and the reason I told him I wanna be just friends with him is because I felt like I’m his number 2 choice. I told him that the only reason I feel like he’s with me is cuz his number 1 choice is taken. And what makes me mad is he still keep in contact with this girl and hangs out with her n her boyfriend. When I brought this problem up to him, he said ‘She’s just the past, you’re the present. I don’t like her like that anymore.’ And then later, he’s turning things around saying stuff like ‘it’s too bad you can’t wait for me to get over her.” I mean we’ve been together for 10 months and he still cannot get over her? What’s another 10 months gonna do, so I decided to just end our relationship and just be friends. He’s saying that’s I’m wrong and that it shows that I’m not a strong woman. Was I wrong for doing this? Was I reasonable to dump him?

Quote Originally Posted by pythongrace View Post
    I just broke up with my boyfriend yesterday, and the reason I told him I wanna be just friends with him is
    because I felt like I’m his number 2 choice. I told him that the only reason I feel like he’s with me is cuz his number 1 choice is taken.
    And what makes me mad is he still keep in contact with this girl and hangs out with her n her boyfriend. When I brought this problem
    up to him, he said ‘She’s just the past, you’re the present. I don’t like her like that anymore.’ And then later, he’s turning things around
    saying stuff like ‘it’s too bad you can’t wait for me to get over her.” I mean we’ve been together for 10 months and he still cannot get over her?
    What’s another 10 months gonna do, so I decided to just end our relationship and just be friends. He’s saying that’s I’m wrong and that it
    shows that I’m not a strong woman. Was I wrong for doing this? Was I reasonable to dump him?
    You made the right choice, it would be a lot different situation, if he brought you along
    with him to hang around his ex, since that would tell his ex that he's over her.
    To just hang with her new BF and ex just doesn't seem right.

10 months is long enough to get over an ex, unless he has problems getting over her and wants to keep in touch.
    If he hung around her more than you, than that is a good reason to dump him since he
    shows no commitment to a relationship that both of you are trying to work on.

Some guys just don't get it, that a girl has her needs too, and If they aren't
    met, then she'll find someone else that appreciates what she wants.
    Last edited by Kromat; 25-08-08 at 09:33 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Nope...you did the right thing. Your gut told you that you were number 2 and when you confronted him about it, he disrespected you by dismissing it as well as admitting he's not over her (if i read that correctly).

He's telling you that you're not strong because he's butt hurt that you dumped him. You did the right thing in my book.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Hey Kromat, well he brought me around that girl one time on her b-day, and I think the reason being is cuz he knew her bf is going to be there. And the same reason too, when he asked me to go to the beach with him cuz this girl he has feelings for invited him and told him to 'bring sum friends'. He told me that he wanted to take me to show that he is happy with what he has and he's over her, but I didn't believe that. Cuz of what he said 'it's too bad you can't wait for me to get over her." And plus I don't like the fact that this girl is ahead of me on his top friend list on myspace :-(

What an ass for reacting like that. You did the right thing.

my ex-boyfriend had a girl before me on his top friends list while we were going out and it pissed me off, so i know how you feel. that was also right before he broke up with me, in part because he was interested in that other girl.
    it sounds like this guy was being disrespectful and treating you very unfairly. NEVER let a guy make you feel second rate..look for the guy who will do anything for your smile (well, anything within the realm of reason)
    i think you did the right thing. good luck!
    Last edited by kitty001; 25-08-08 at 11:07 AM.

and what's sad is this girl wasn't even his ex. But he acted like she was, he was delusional i tell ya

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    bullshit.. i think that you're stronger because you dumped his ass. being strong and telling him that you don't need him.

actually he's the weak one because he can't even decide his own feelings. before i was also in a relationship where i had a gf, but i wanted to be with someone else. by the end of it, she could tell that i would rather be with someone else and she was alright when we went our separate ways.

you're better off without this guy.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Nope...you did the right thing. Your gut told you that you were number 2 and when you confronted him about it, he disrespected you by dismissing it as well as admitting he's not over her (if i read that correctly)..
    well i rather have him tell me the truth and admitting it, than telling a lie. That's like the realest thing he ever told me

Well first off he is contradicating himself. He says he is over her and then he says why can't you wait for me to get over her. It is obvious from this that he is still in love and you are just the understudy.

You have done the right thing. Find someone who will make you their no.1.

Good riddance! If I were in your shoes, I would also dump him for still having contact with his ex girlfriend and for his lame excuse.
    Just broke up? [URL="http://www.get-ex.com"]Get tips on how to get ex back here[/URL].

I don't see what is wrong with continuing a relationship with an ex as friends. She has a boyfriend now, it's not like a sexual rendezvous or anything.

But the ex should have become a mutual friend to you both, and your boyfriend should have been a little more considerate towards your feelings. If you feel like you are some kind of rebound relationship, yeah, it was definitely a good idea to dump him. Maybe he will get over himself and come back to you. Who knows.

Oh trust me you did the right thing. Making you feel like your always second isnt a good thing and it isnt right. You should always be his number one no matter what. It seems like he hangs out with his ex cuz he still thinks that something could possibly happen. There'd be no way I'd ever let my boyfriend hand out with his ex. Its uncalled for. I'm sure he wouldnt like it if you hung out with your ex and his gf.

Its good you got out when you did. Dont ever second guess yourself otherwise you'll be miserable. Good luck with everything you do.