+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What meaningful stuff do you do to for fun?

What meaningful stuff do you do to for fun?

What do you spend your free time on that you find meaningful?

Sweating my ass off riding my bike. I want to be one of those old guys that has done thousands of countless miles, riding since they were young. I'd also like to be able to race one day.

Other than that...sleep.

I really like to paint. I find that it de stresses me and I have something to show for it at the end.

I also visit an elderly lady in a nursing home. She is 98. I love to go in to see her and have a chat to brighten her day and mine. It is very rewarding.

Meaningful? Err, well, if I got time to spend I usually end up sketching on various architectural projects that aren't related to any actual class-work, just for the hell of it. No real gain, but good practice. Other than that I just do some physical workout, watch movies, read books or listen to music on a regular basis, so little free time for any hobbies.

I usually stick to my hobbies, spend time talking to my girl, or hang out with my friends.

When I am learning a new language, I spend a lot of free time doing that. I also spend a lot of time reading into the interests I have.

I'm still trying to find my passion, or what I would find "meaningful". In reflection, I really enjoyed political campaigning for class presidency back in freshman year... too bad I missed out on that sophomore year... I will try that again this year!

But besides that, I think I like being "under-the-spotlight", not as in famous, but I guess in a leadership position where I'm trying to solve the problem of a group of people that depends on me. I took a leadership class last semester, and this didn't work out that well cause i was too dominant..haha.. well we'll see what happens this school year.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post
    But besides that, I think I like being "under-the-spotlight", not as in famous, but I guess in a leadership position where I'm trying to solve the problem of a group of people that depends on me. I took a leadership class last semester, and this didn't work out that well cause i was too dominant..haha.. well we'll see what happens this school year.
    Try habitat for humanity, or any group volunteering program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    I really like to paint. I find that it de stresses me and I have something to show for it at the end.

I also visit an elderly lady in a nursing home. She is 98. I love to go in to see her and have a chat to brighten her day and mine. It is very rewarding.
    i also paint, and have taken up gardening. my nan will be 98 in september and in better shape than i am hehe! i spend some time with her and her pals and listen to her stories she lites up when she see's me.
    your so right, something as little as a chat and a smile can make someones day.
    i enjoy cooking (with a beer or 2) while listening to loud music!

Everything you do in your life is meaningless because life itself is meaningless. You don't have a purpose, therefore things you do don't have purpose.
    Don't expect anything.

Jeez, Booba, don't be so optimistic.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by jillibean View Post
    i also paint, and have taken up gardening. my nan will be 98 in september and in better shape than i am hehe! i spend some time with her and her pals and listen to her stories she lites up when she see's me.
    your so right, something as little as a chat and a smile can make someones day.
    i enjoy cooking (with a beer or 2) while listening to loud music!
    i also enjoy doing such things.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I haven't painted in a few months. Thought about taking it up again, but hiatus is addicting.

I just wasted my 1000'th post, **** sake. At least will I get laid now?
    Last edited by boobaa; 30-08-08 at 09:04 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

no.
    )))))))))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    yes.
    )))))))))))))))))
    Just because your post is on top of mine doesn't mean I was asking from you. But thanks for the offer.
    Don't expect anything.

lol, i bet you're the nerdiest of all your friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast