+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I still have a chance?

Do I still have a chance?

Hi All,

Few years back I broke up with my gf. Something that I regretted since. I did it without warning. Broke up with her and went on vacation the next day to France. I know I was a jerk for doing that. She said she would never go back to me at the time.

While we were on vacation we talked on the phone, she said she would marry me without a ring. Few months later, I asked her back and she said she wanted me to wait. Apparently she was dating a guy which became her bf. I did ask her to marry me, while she was dating the guy (I didn't know at the time). She refused. Later I figured she was dating him, and I didn't follow up even though she wanted to be with me. she gave me hints. So I ended up getting another gf.

Fast forwarding to the future, I saw her few months back. The first time she kept staring at me from far. The second time, i caught her looking at me. two months later i tried calling her, however she longer had that cell phone number. So i spoke with her best friend. Her best friend gave me the impression she is not satisfied with her bf and she will call me when she comes back from vacation. I think she regrets. her brother gave me the same impression. He said I should marry her if i am serious.

She is been back for 10 days but still did not call me !!! She knows I knew that she is back.

What shall I do? Am i being too proud/arrogant. She may think I am arrogant.

Any comments are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by inlove8888 View Post
    Hi All,

Few years back I broke up with my gf. Something that I regretted since. I did it without warning. Broke up with her and went on vacation the next day to France. I know I was a jerk for doing that. She said she would never go back to me at the time.

While we were on vacation we talked on the phone, she said she would marry me without a ring. Few months later, I asked her back and she said she wanted me to wait. Apparently she was dating a guy which became her bf. I did ask her to marry me, while she was dating the guy (I didn't know at the time). She refused. Later I figured she was dating him, and I didn't follow up even though she wanted to be with me. she gave me hints. So I ended up getting another gf.

Fast forwarding to the future, I saw her few months back. The first time she kept staring at me from far. The second time, i caught her looking at me. two months later i tried calling her, however she longer had that cell phone number. So i spoke with her best friend. Her best friend gave me the impression she is not satisfied with her bf and she will call me when she comes back from vacation. I think she regrets. her brother gave me the same impression. He said I should marry her if i am serious.

She is been back for 10 days but still did not call me !!! She knows I knew that she is back.

What shall I do? Am i being too proud/arrogant. She may think I am arrogant.

Any comments are appreciated.
    She may be hedging her bets about you. If she knows you're back, has your number, and didn't give you a call, there are still doubts. Does she know that you have a girlfriend? If you're still with someone else, that could be one very big reason she's not contacting you.

Or did you break up with the newer girlfriend? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

You never know until you try, i say call her up, she could easily be nervous about everything, however watch out and keep a level head. You gotta be realistic with your goals and approach. Odds are this wont be a quick fix.

Thank you both for replying.

Clarification ...

Starbuck, I am not sure if she knows about my current status.

I did break up with the newer girl and she is in a different country now. She knows I used to travel to visit her.

Does she want me to try more to show that I am serious ?

Yes, InLove, she does. Unfortunately this isn't an insta-fix. You will have to build up her trust over time. She may be gun-shy that you are going to leave her again. If you get back together with her, be patient with her. You will be on thin ice until you get her trust back.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin