+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Give advice: Jealousy!

Give advice: Jealousy!

So there's this guy at work who I recently went on a date with and things are just warming up.

The problem is there is another girl at work who never leaves his side because she has a crush on him. She also makes the schedule so she is sure to work closely with him. I know he does not like her romantically, but I still somehow get steamed about this.

If I get near him, she is always right there. I feel like I can't spend a second alone with the guy. So when she appears, I just leave. I can't fully explain why...I guess I just hate competition.

Problem is, when I leave, I think he sees this as me not having interest in him. But this is NOT so! I really like him, but I don't know what to do.

I feel myself even giving him the cold shoulder, although it is not his fault. I nearly ignored him when he told me goodbye as I left work today. (Because she was with him then too!)

Help me out here...does this make him think I don't like him? And what approach should I take? I know I am being jealous, but I want to stop.

tell the bitch off !

lol - not really - but it would work if you wanted to really do that...

Lets see... If I was the guy (being a typical male and not seeing EVERYTHING for what it is) would see this situation as you not being interested. I would not put two and two together to see that everytime she is around you are not... etc etc...

If you dont want to confront her or him about it, you just need to stay put. Hold your ground. When she walks up ignore her and keep talking to him - KEEP HIS ATTENTION ON YOU ! not her. When you leave your allowing for his attention to drift over to her. This is not good if you are wanting this guy for yourself.

Also tell him how you feel about him. Give him your number - or get his - something - start hanging out away from work - and then you wont have to worry about this other girl.

Good luck

Why don't you try talking to the guy? If ya'll went on a date.. he's obviously likes you.. I don't see any other way to deal with this than to talk to the dude.

*Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes.*
    *There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.*
    -Henry Kissinger

-Tania

update.

I just realized that he does the same thing to me. (Walks away when other guys are around.) I have 2 guys at work that dode on me, but I don't like them romantically-- we are just buddies.

Now I see the picture crystal clear.