+ Follow This Topic

Thread: donation of sperm and the long term effects

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

donation of sperm and the long term effects

recently i was reading an article in a magazine about giving sperm as a way of life for many college students because it helps with the bills and gets them through school. they are getting paid for something that comes naturally and pays well with little effort. keep in mind, this is one of our favorite past times.

however many of these people at the time, didn't think about the long term effects. their confidentiallity was guarenteed, so there wouldn't be any reprecussions. they jack off and get paid, that was it. when this buisiness first started, there were hardly any rules and regulations, if any, it was for the protection of the doners. now think of this, about 18 years later, someone comes knocking on your door saying that they are your child, the child that you never knew or ever thought you'd have. SURPRIZED?!?! hell yeah. you see, from one donation, if you have healthy sperm, it was futerlize up to 4 eggs. now multiply that by the times a person can donate and you have an enormous number.

well the ethical part is simple, how would you react to this? you never even had given second thoughts to actually having a child that is half yours, you only cared for the money at the time, which is the center of all greed. how would you react and what are your thoughts? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Well I guess for me if I were to contemplate "selling" my eggs...yea I'd look at the money factor-oh hell yea! But I dont think I would want a child to come looking for me. I mean really thinking about it-there are soo many children in todays society who spend years searching for their real parents...I couldnt do that to someone. Even for the money. Its not worth it to me to put someone through that hell of not knowing.

It poses a great ethical question for people...and I might have done it when I was younger...but being older and seeing all of these lost people I couldnt do it. It breaks my heart to see kids who are 16 or 18 or even older living their life trying to find that missing piece of themselves. And what would I say to that person if they showed up? Oh I needed the money? I couldnt do it someone I just couldnt.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well considering that they are looking for you, they are at a reasonable age where they don't really care about why you did it. they knew it would have been for they money and they won't blame you. they just feel that this is a missing part of their lives, a huge part. not knowing one parent is a hard life to endure and they only wish to fill their void. raverboy

Yea but we dont know that-when or if they find out in their life at whatever age who knows what kind of impact it will have on them. Everyones different. Someone might be quick to jump my shit about it or like you say not care about it.

What would be the difference if you donated to someone you KNEW?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well donation of sperm is usually in the sence that you're giving life and not knowning the outcome. you donate because of the money and people don't really consider the long term effects and how it might affect the later to be born child. raverboy

Most ppl that go to sperm banks to have a child cant have one themselves - This is what I was told at least. So in fact - I personally would go to donate my sperm - The money would be the most likely reason I do it. But in the long run I would be helping out a man and woman that were unable to have kids themselves. I would not be the father. I would not be the dad. Nothing of that nature. The man and the woman are the parents. They are the mom and dad, mother and father. I just gave my helping hand (literally)... If the child was to come knocking on my door 18 years later then I would have to sit them down and have a serious talk with them. Explaining WHY I did it. money and to help others that needed help. I would then explain to him that I am not his parent nor will I ever be. I did not raise him/her. His/her parents did. And since they are at the age to come looking for me then they will be at the age to understand that. Things will go on efrom there - either he/she will never contact me again - or we will become friends - But I will not be the parent - he/she already has parents.

Am I making any sence here ?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you are making sense here... but then there are always the mothers who really want children but the father figures are not litterally there. what about those children that are raised without a father, and they feel that something or someone is missing from their lives. it's easy to say that you will not have any fatherly sense towards them, but think about 18 years later when your children have grown and you realize that you have created another life. raverboy

I still wont be the parent - The mother would in that case be the mother AND the father. It is simple.