+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Men "Scared" of Virgins???

Are Men "Scared" of Virgins???

This is a question out here for the guys: How many of you guys would be turned off if a girl you were digging told you she was a virgin and the girl was 21+? Only reason I'm asking is because a close friend of mine in college who is 21 said she was feeling some guy and he seemed to be feeling her too but once she told him she was a virgin, he acted like he didn't want to be bothered anymore and told her he was not looking for a relationship. ::rolls eyes::

Do guys think that girls who have waited that long to have sex are crazy and will be very emotional and attached after they have sex?

What if she isn't (she could be a virgin, but not like, crazy), but STILL wants something solid (a relationship)?

Is is THAT bad to teach somebody about sexual intercourse? It doesn't look that hard...but I guess ppl are lazy. Were you all not virgins at one point? LOL

Or do some of you not care?

I am interested in hearing a guys opinion on this because I am 22 and a virgin as well and have been afraid to tell guys I meet that I am virgin for fear of scaring them off, yet I don't think I need to be "HANDLED WITH CARE", NOR DISPRESPECTED (as some guys have the custom of doing) just b/c I am one.
    Last edited by Kay5; 10-09-08 at 01:25 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would a girl save her virginity for so long if she didn't want something deep?

Yeah. I would be turned off by a virgin that age. I'm not looking for a serious relationship. I don't want to be the guy who took her virginity and then skipped town a week later. For most women virginity is a big deal.
    Last edited by Gribble; 10-09-08 at 02:17 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

i guess he wasn't feeling her that much.

that's how you can always tell who your friends are and who's genuinely interested in you. if they're not, they will be gone when you tell them something like that.

don't worry about it though. if it scares them off then that's good! weed out the guys who aren't all that interested in you.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay5 View Post
    This is a question out here for the guys: How many of you guys would be turned off if a girl you were digging told you she was a virgin and the girl was 21+? Only reason I'm asking is because a close friend of mine in college who is 21 said she was feeling some guy and he seemed to be feeling her too but once she told him she was a virgin, he acted like he didn't want to be bothered anymore and told her he was not looking for a relationship. ::rolls eyes::

Do guys think that girls who have waited that long to have sex are crazy and will be very emotional and attached after they have sex?

What if she isn't (she could be a virgin, but not like, crazy), but STILL wants something solid (a relationship)?

Is is THAT bad to teach somebody about sexual intercourse? It doesn't look that hard...but I guess ppl are lazy. Were you all not virgins at one point? LOL

Or do some of you not care?

I am interested in hearing a guys opinion on this because I am 22 and a virgin as well and have been afraid to tell guys I meet that I am virgin for fear of scaring them off, yet I don't think I need to be "HANDLED WITH CARE", NOR DISPRESPECTED (as some guys have the custom of doing) just b/c I am one.
    I'm a 25 year virgin, and If a woman told me that she's a virgin, it wouldn't bother me.
    I'd rather there be an interest, and some type of chemistry where we are happy together, than jump to conclusions.
    Most guys just want to get laid, so they want one that has experience, but they're just jerks and avoid them, unless you want the same in return.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Thanks, everyone so far for the input. I just don't see why guys would think that it's "difficult" to "train" a virgin how to have sex....it doesn't seem that hard to understand (lol).

And that "clingy emotional" crap? Gag. Guys, don't judge a book by it's cover (pun intended, lol). She could be emotional (what woman isn't?)--but not like, stark raving manic depressive emotional after her first time. Depends on the girl.

Hell, she may not want to be with YOU period, just using ya for practice. It could happen.

There are pro's and cons to dating a virgin:

Pros:
    1. There was no one before you
    2. You have potential of being "that special one" to her

Cons:
    1. At the age stated in this post, thats a real long time, and would feel weird taking it from her if its not more than just a casual relationship.
    2. Some girls tend to get clingy to the men who take their virginity.
    3. Her sex experience doesnt exist so she's more than likely gonna be in one position(missionary)whereas a experienced girl likes to try new things faster than a first timer.
    4. If they were to have sex, the first time usually hurts, so he'd be turned off by the numerous "ouch's" and "stop's" (Shit, i'd be turned off too if I were a guy)

So, IMO, there are more cons than pros in the situation of dating a 21 year old virgin, so if I had the choice between the virgin and the girl with experience, I'dve told her when she loses it we can talk. That may sound harsh, but some guys rather not hold the title of "the virginity taker". Especially in the long run when a arguement comes up she just may drop the "but you took my virginity" bomb on you. So yea, not alot of guys really want to have the virgin girl for the lack of experience, which is understandable if you were already experienced. the first time is usually boring, who would really want to go back and experience that?

I guess. But what if she isn't like that at ALL? Wouldn't that "misconception" of virgins go out the window? Again with the emotions. Lol. I could have sex with a guy for the first time, and 6 months later, it doesn't work out! I'm not going to CLING onto him b/c of that!

What is THERE TO LEARN about sex? Is there additional steps I haven't heard of yet? And what if she (the virgin) isn't timid about trying new things on her first run???

And pain/blood? Depends on the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay5 View Post
    I guess. But what if she isn't like that at ALL? Wouldn't that "misconception" of virgins go out the window? Again with the emotions. Lol. I could have sex with a guy for the first time, and 6 months later, it doesn't work out! I'm not going to CLING onto him b/c of that!

What is THERE TO LEARN about sex? Is there additional steps I haven't heard of yet? And what if she (the virgin) isn't timid about trying new things on her first run???

And pain/blood? Depends on the girl.
    Which is why I said SOME, cuz I sure didnt cling to the guy who broke my virginity. I had higher expectations for my first time, which all went through the window after my first time. Plus, I didnt bleed. But there are girls I know who got psychotic when the guy who took their virginity left them.

As for the situation with your friend, he wasnt interested in getting to KNOW her, but more into getting IN her. That was all on his agenda. Then she dropped the virgin bomb, and the fact that she's still one made him think "hmm...she's saving it for that special one....I hope she doesnt think this is about to be a commitment...I just want a quick nut"...so yea, he's in his whore-stage. Eventually he'll grow out of it, but right now its all about the sex baby. I dont know why guys are like that, but there's nothing we can really do about it anyway except move on and find the guys who are actually willing to be with you for you and not your sex.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Which is why I said SOME, cuz I sure didnt cling to the guy who broke my virginity. I had higher expectations for my first time, which all went through the window after my first time. Plus, I didnt bleed. But there are girls I know who got psychotic when the guy who took their virginity left them.

As for the situation with your friend, he wasnt interested in getting to KNOW her, but more into getting IN her. That was all on his agenda. Then she dropped the virgin bomb, and the fact that she's still one made him think "hmm...she's saving it for that special one....I hope she doesnt think this is about to be a commitment...I just want a quick nut"...so yea, he's in his whore-stage. Eventually he'll grow out of it, but right now its all about the sex baby. I dont know why guys are like that, but there's nothing we can really do about it anyway except move on and find the guys who are actually willing to be with you for you and not your sex.
    Lol, guys can be retarded at times. I see your point. I guess guys think all virgins are the same, yet you (nor I, and I'm still a virgin) don't fit into "handle with care" territory. As for my friend, yea that sucked--for her--but she's not like, "psychotic", as you mentioned in your post. There's nothing wrong with establishing a relationship with someone, but that sure as hell don't mean that just b/c he/she's a virgin (and after their first time), they want to be with the S/O ALL THE DAYS OF THEIR LIVES.

But to each his own..........I guess, lol.

Sacred? hell no...bring em on!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Tedel Guest
    Personally, if she told me she is a virgin I would just hug her. For me it's not something important at all. Now, if she told me she has slept with 35 guys by the age of 23, that would be something absolutely different.

I would not be scared if a woman is a virgin. I'm looking for a serious relationship so we'd likely be wanting the same thing. If she was willing to have sex with me within a couple of weeks, however, I wouldn't believe she was a virgin.

There are a few reasons that men are "scared" of virgins. Some men aren't looking for a serious relationship. Some men don't want to have to show a woman how to have good sex. Some men don't want to have to wait months and months before having sex.

Personally, I would rather date a virgin than a woman that has had 10 partners.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Get rid of your highly negative coordinates before you get a dude, or else he will turn it into the real axis towards your multitude
    If you from -√(-1) change -1 to √((-1)²) you get -1.
    You could do it again, ending with one, but who'd let you do that?
    To truly know is to truly be, that which is that which is that which is that which is,
    Time only feels with joy or pain, joy is caused by pain.

Virgins have bad rep, as there is no to say that you have try it before you find the one.
    People try it before because they are curious how it's like, and when they have tried it once, I guess they're hooked.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

This is a discussion my friends and I have had multiple times. None of us are stoked with the idea of a virgin whatsoever. There are just too many variables. Girls in general tend to get clingy after you sleep with them. I'd imagine being the one to take a 22 yr old girl's virginity could be pretty hectic.

Additionally, inexperienced partners = lousy partners. This almost always holds true. The odds of a girl who is a virgin being a good lay are slim to none. That is truly your best bet at sleeping with a dead fish.

Even worse, what if you're engaging in this lousy lay with this virgin girl and any of the following occur: 1) She's just a terrible lay, 2) She starts to cry, 3) She complains about the pain the whole time.

Finally, why are you girls cruising around telling guys you meet that you are virgins. If you are with someone in a serious relationship, you tell them after a little while. This is not something you blurt out. It will definitely scare the majority of us off because, if nothing else, there is something we will consider strange about you since you've waited so long to lose your v-card.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast