+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your car say about you…..and are men better drivers?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry Scorp, we all know women shouldn't drive.

we should be driven around by tall, dark, handsome men.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dreamt that my grandfather gave me an absolutely gorgeous 1969 Mustang convertible. It was dark, dark purple, almost black. A color I'd never imagine getting, but damn if it didn't look awesome.

I got in. Turned the key. And woke up. Sigh.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OViQ4JSxUk"]YouTube - Parallel Parking[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVaM6pgX7Go"]YouTube - Stupid girl driving out from the parking.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhMKGtRM8gM"]YouTube - Impossible Mission (to get out of the parking)[/ame]
    Don't expect anything.

My boobaa, I have to take an ASA because those videos raised by BP up lol. They acted like it was their very first time driving a vehicle! Some women don't have very good spatial awareness and good hand and eye coordination.

When I touched the steering wheel for the very first time I was horrible. I was clueless. My bf would say women are horrible drivers....and I didn't want to drive because he made me felt it was true. Finally I got tired and asked me to teach me to drive...to show me all his technqiues and skills.

Now, I am good hehe. He's been in several accidents/got tickets and they were always males. I've been in one accident by this stupid driver who made a left turn in the middle of heavy traffic. It was a female. She said that she could not see because of the big bus blocking her view so she 'decided' to pull out into traffic because she thought it was clear. I didn't have time to break so my car was completely totaled and medics were amazed that I was not injuried. She got ticket...I did not. I haven't gotten tickets.

I love driving but I do think women make horrible judgments and/or try to multi-task and that's when an accident can occur. Men are just careless, feel invincible, and are full of emotions and that's when they get into accidents.

Men usually know the rules of the road so they usually don't get into accidents dealing with not reading the traffic signs. I noticed that women usually goof up when they don't read/can't read traffic signs. I've seen so many women driving the wrong way...

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I have seen men drive the wrong way too....and they usually don't stop and turn around!
    Last edited by lesa; 16-09-08 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post

I love driving but I do think women make horrible judgments and/or try to multi-task and that's when an accident can occur. Men are just careless, feel invincible, and are full of emotions and that's when they get into accidents.
    Speaking of multi-tasking, this just reminded me of that horrible train wreck which happened very close to my house... The passenger train conductor (male) was busy text-messaging some kid, and missed a red light. He hit a freight train head-on, and 25 people are dead, 80 people are critically injured.

I don't want to hear about how bad women drivers are right now. Maybe in a week or so.

anachronistic Guest
    Another reason to hate those ****ing text messages!

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Speaking of multi-tasking, this just reminded me of that horrible train wreck which happened very close to my house... The passenger train conductor (male) was busy text-messaging some kid, and missed a red light. He hit a freight train head-on, and 25 people are dead, 80 people are critically injured.

I don't want to hear about how bad women drivers are right now. Maybe in a week or so.
    Yeah, that was crazy....so horrific! But trust me (I knew someone who wanted to be a train engineer) there is more to this story. I am not sure what happened but texting cannot be the sole cause of this accident. There must have been some more issues going on. How can a train conductor get away with passing several stop lights? Aren't there systems in place to give a HUGE warning? It's not like driving a car. Was the conductor having a medical emergency?

It was still careless though and my condolences to the family.
    My ex is probably checking on this story since he's of the area.

I hope there IS more to the story, but sadly, that's all that's coming out now. Apparently, there are more safety mechanisms in place in most other areas. The east coast, for example, has separate tracks for freight trains and passenger trains (according to some train expert I heard on the radio). I also heard the conductor only missed a single red light.

It seems like women may be inclined to minor driving issues, but when men fcuk up, they fcuk up in a big way.

Anyway, this is really sad... It was the same line that was affected by the idiot man who parked his vehicle on the tracks and caused a bunch of deaths a couple of years ago.

Or not ever..

Seriously.., guys.., just be honest with yourselves.. Put all that ego and pride to the side for a second..

I'm not saying YOU are a bad driver.., because you just so happen to be a man.., but you can't overlook the evidence that's out there..

Yes.., you might call women "bad" drivers because most drive conservatively.., but that actually reduces the accidents they get into.., so you might want to rethink your definition of a "bad" driver..

Fine.., the only place where I'll agree is that there are SOME.., not all.., but some female drivers who have an inferiority complex with men.., and feel the need to prove themselves or take it out on the road.., That kind of driving causes accidents..

But do you know what kind of driving causes more accidents? Egotistical.., proud.., insecure.., and reckless driving.. Whether you want to be honest with yourself as a guy and admit it.., there are more men who fit this category than women..

Don't take it personally.., it doesn't mean that YOU are a bad driver.., it just means that you're more likely to get into an emotional rage on the road when someone cuts you off or is speeding up next to you to try and get in front of you.. That's all..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

I know I am a bad driver. Because I haven't started to make my license yet.
    Don't expect anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm a fantastic driver.

The only accident I've ever gotten into was when my car stalled at a red light.

The tow truck behind me, from a dead stop, inched, and inched and inched until he hit me. I literally watched him in my rear view while I tried to start my car back up. He claimed say those trucks are "hard to stop".

anachronistic Guest
    Men do this women do that. Some people are too busy complaining or stacking their egotistical personality like a bunch of legos, to realize how corny these generalizations are.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Yeah, that was crazy....so horrific! But trust me (I knew someone who wanted to be a train engineer) there is more to this story. I am not sure what happened but texting cannot be the sole cause of this accident. There must have been some more issues going on. How can a train conductor get away with passing several stop lights? Aren't there systems in place to give a HUGE warning? It's not like driving a car. Was the conductor having a medical emergency?
    I see why you say there was more to the story... I was just listening to the radio. There is some question about why the driver accelerated at an inappropriate time, and you were right; there was more than one signal he blew.

Suicide by train wreck? Ugh.

I see why you say there was more to the story... I was just listening to the radio. There is some question about why the driver accelerated at an inappropriate time, and you were right; there was more than one signal he blew.

Suicide by train wreck? Ugh.
    I'm going to be a little silly on this post so forgive.

OMG I was just going to post that maybe he was suicidal and I wonder how do the powers that be try to prevent things like this!!! For example, a suicidal pilot, a suicidal surgeon, police officers, taxi/bus driver etc. How do you prevent suicidal people from killing others?

Wow, I can't believe you bet me to it hehe. I think it's very possible.
    Last edited by lesa; 16-09-08 at 07:18 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast