+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need a good bit of help here

Need a good bit of help here

Okay I'm starting to get in over my head here already and I don't think I can back out now...I'll start from the begining so bear with me...I met this girl *Tara* years ago while playing basketball with some friends..of course being cocky and among the fellas I challenged her to play with us and played one on one...needless to say I'm not good at basketball....At that time I had a girlfriend we were in high school. All attending the same school and Chelsea and I had been together for a little over a year. So I spent that entire summer playing ball with the guys and Tara and walking her home every night afterwards...we lost touch over the high school years and reconnected over myspace. Things progressed as we went on several lunch dates and other things...I had been with my still current girlfriend at the time *Stephanie* for about 3 and a half years. So aside from lunches we had several other meetings for example...passing football, late night shopping, and long talks in the car after just stopping by to see her at her dorms...I knew she had been with her then boyfriend Steve still for some time. So I knew where we were both headed...nothing ever happened between us so much as a long hug...a few fights and a huge apology written in sidewalk chalk later...we lost contact again for over a year. Then I find out Tara and Steve are getting married...after the wedding 2 months later he commits suicide...of course I send my sympathy to Tara. So we begin contact more and more and go pick up where things left off basically...lunches and such and a whole lot more holding hugging and things...again nothing further all the while Stephanie and I bought a house together. To bring it up to pace I'm not getting passion at home no cuddling nothing...Stephanie isn't very romantic or emotional and I'm afraid that if I stay with her that I will end up being 35 with 2 kids and divorced because I absolutely need her help to keep that fire between us for the next 50 years. We've been together for almost 6 years at this point. Tara and I have spent a lot of time together lately and both stated the obvious. we're mutually interested in each other though she has just taken a stay in Indiana for a couple months...exactly what do I do...will go into detail more if need be.

We can't tell you what to do. This is a very big decision and it's ultimately one you're going to have to make for yourself.

Personally, I don't like someone leaving someone for another.
    I don't chase, I replace.

My biggest problem with my current relationship is just that theres no texture too it...I've talked with her about it before several times and unfortunately affection is just something I have got to have...shes never provided that for me so to have someone come along that does is very persuasive

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeone22 View Post
    My biggest problem with my current relationship is just that theres no texture too it...I've talked with her about it before several times and unfortunately affection is just something I have got to have...shes never provided that for me so to have someone come along that does is very persuasive
    If she's not giving you what you want in a relationship, end it with her. Just don't leave her for this other girl just because it's new. Do it only if you're sure that you can't get what you want from a relationship with your current girl.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I'm trying to make sure thats what I want and all the while things with the other female are really starting to pick up...so it's almost like it's bound to happen if I just keep letting myself wander