+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Relationships

Indie I got the impression you were a smart guy, how can making a statement like ‘Europeans have completely normalized it’ not be seen as a massive generalisation. The stats shh! presented only covered a few countries and it shows yes its more acceptable in those countries but not ‘completely’ normalised…how do you not get this. The arrogance here is so typical on this forum
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    Indie I got the impression you were a smart guy, how can making a statement like ‘Europeans have completely normalized it’ not be seen as a massive generalisation. The stats shh! presented only covered a few countries and it shows yes its more acceptable in those countries but not ‘completely’ normalised…how do you not get this. The arrogance here is so typical on this forum
    You generalize America all of the damn time!
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You generalize America all of the damn time!
    no i don't, i give my experiences
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    no i don't, i give my experiences
    Your experiences from living in ONE state. How is that any different from the statistics shh! posted generalizing Europe from four countries?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You take extremely limited experiences and use them to judge an enormous and wildly diverse country. I'd say that's generalizing.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course its a generalization. Her post of data from 4 countries was merely to support the point that she was trying to make, which is that *generally*, Urps seem more tolerant of EMFs than Americans. Are you seriously so obtuse that you believe she is saying that *everyone* in Urp thinks this is normal?

After that, it just became clear you are digressing from the point of the argument, without an obvious counterpoint of your own to make except a highly pedantic one. What do you want Shh to say? That she doesn't think that ALL Urps agree with EMFs? You know the point she is trying to make, you are just muddying the argument with your silly, obvious point.

LOL, okay Shhh, why don't you let us all know that you don't think that every single couple in Urp agrees with affairs? Tell us something we don't know...

Eco, I would suggest you try more for "I" and less of "Q(uantity)" in your posts and you won't see this kind of thing happening.

Back to the topic!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

hey i'm not afraid to say that i'm wrong unlike some people, i base my opinions on this forum on my own experience....... and i specifically say that it's based on my experience, i always point out that i'm not talking about the entire population...shh! never did say that it was a massive generalisation....it comes down to arrogance and unwilling to discuss rationally...which again i have to say happens a lot on this forum...there is no need to tell me i'm thick....it was a discussion...but unfortunately that is the way some people react on this forum....i fully expected shh! to laugh about it

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh, sometimes the arguments get het up but noone holds a grudge here that I'm aware of.

Its what makes this forum fun, IMO. Some ppl come here only for the draaahma, lol. But its still nice to learn something along the way, even if its about how NOT to say something. I've been there, ha!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Meh, sometimes the arguments get het up but noone holds a grudge here that I'm aware of.

Its what makes this forum fun, IMO. Some ppl come here only for the draaahma, lol. But its still nice to learn something along the way, even if its about how NOT to say something. I've been there, ha!
    I hold grudges.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Really? I would have thought you wouldn't have any room left now that you have to hold your own penis.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Really? I would have thought you wouldn't have any room left now that you have to hold your own penis.
    I wish I was a psychic and knew that this break up was coming because then I would have made sure that I ejaculated into her eye.

EDIT: And if you keep making jokes, I'll make you hold my penis.

LOL, okay Shhh, why don't you let us all know that you don't think that every single couple in Urp agrees with affairs?

Of course not, "smart guy"! Just the heteros do.

Now seriously, isn't it past the kiddie's bedtime? They make me want to tie my tubes.

i agree, i do love it too if most of the people on here were not here i wouldn't keep coming back

What a chump.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

We're enjoying this debate. I never realised when I joined but this forum is mainly for those in the States and I am really surprised that cultural attitudes should be so different.
    I think its important at this point to "Re-focus". Whilst I respect the opinions of the contributers here we have decided that to go down the open relationship path regardless. I am very surprised that there is nobody on the site who has tried this as an alternative to divorce.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast