+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like her - but I think there's competition

I like her - but I think there's competition

Hey everyone, its been a while.

This is a story about a girl who recently joined my workplace about two months ago. At first I would chit chat with her in the morning very briefly, but I noticed as the days passed, that I looked forward to seeing her every day. She said she would only be working there for a while, so we exchanged numbers etc. right before I thought she would be leaving. It turns out she'll be at the company for a few more months.

I have always thought that I would never "dip my pen in the company ink" and I still think its a pretty good policy to follow - but I just can't help these feelings.

There's another guy at the company who is in his late 20's ( I am early 30's) who is the "player" type. He is kind of a cocky guy, but I think it works for him. I noticed at a company lunch event that the two of them went off to one corner and ate together. Then at another company event (just last Friday), where there was alcohol, I noticed them kind of close, and by the end of the night, when I wanted to say goodnight to her (because I invited her) I could not find her amongst the crowd (nor could I find the other guy anywhere).

She came to my desk this morning and asked me about my weekend etc.. She said she went home after the event on Friday with her girlfriend. Today at the end of the day, I saw her go and talk to the other guy for quite some time before going home.

I'm wondering whether to invite her for coffee tomorrow and just ask her if there is something going on between them - or just play it cool.

This is probably a classic scenario out of a daytime soap, but I don't know the best strategy to pursue. The direct approach (ask her) or the passive approach.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Journey; 19-09-08 at 03:00 PM.

well i wouldn't necessarily suggest you mention the other guy ever. always focus the conversations you have on you and her,

why don't you ask her out? then she'll tell you if she's taken.....

but like you said it is very risky getting involved with someone in work, not something i recommend
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Thanks for your response eco!
    Every day something new is going on. This really does seem like a soap opera. I'll wing it though and I have every confidence that I'l be fine .

I'd love to hear from Mis though. Mis.... Its Journ! where are ya!

journ!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiUcRTqrLJM"]YouTube - Journey - Girl Can't Help It[/ame]

there's no harm in asking her out. if she is hanging out with the other guy, then i guarantee she'll be done with him sooner or later. maybe he can hold her off while she still works there, then by the time she leaves, she'll be fed up with the playboy and ready for journ.

how old is the girl, do you know?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

OP, just ignore her. Trust me.