+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help!! Getting mixed signals!!!!

I need help!! Getting mixed signals!!!!

I really like this guy and people are telling me that he likes me too... but he doesn't seem to act like it. Sometimes he does... and he'll flirt with me and go out of his way to walk me to class... but that's only sometimes... other times he won't give me any attention. And I'll try to strike up a conversation and get something started but it doesn't work!!! I don't know what to do. All I know is that he's my friend and I'm absolutely crazy about him. This is obsessing to the tenth power!! I just don't know what he's thinking-- Any ideas??... do you guys think I've got a chance with him??

HELP ME!

thanks!!

*Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes.*
    *There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.*
    -Henry Kissinger

-Tania

are you saying that he likes you because he seems to act like it SOME of the time? don't go on what your friends tell you. if they say he likes you, you have to ask them how they know. they could just be stirring things up just for you to think this way. there is a high possibility that he likes you as well. especially if he goes out of his way to walk you to class. i do that too, but i dont know how he is, if he was like how i am, he could probably be doing that because he is really good friends with you, i walk people to class out of my way sometimes because i like being around certain friends. so who knows. since you're the girl in this situation, the best thing you can do is play hard to get. guys usually go for girls they feel they can't get. it's more a challenge to them. but also you have to show some sense in attraction towards him but not too much where he feels you're to easy to get. let us know what happens. good luck!
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Sorry, I'd have to disagree with Panda... if he's any bit inconfident of himself, he'll think your not interested by playing hard to get. When you try and it seems like you fail, it is much easier for them to give up than to keep trying.

I don't know how to let him know that I'm REALLY interested without being too obvious... What can I do find out if he likes me? I don't want to be too foward but I certainly want to do something instead of being a helpless thing waiting for him to make move.

But, I don't want to be too assertive and scare him off and I'm not good looking at all, and I don't have a good body or anything so I don't see any way for him to be atracted to me.

All I know is that can't sleep b/c I'm thinking about him and I dream about him and I wake up thinking about him... so cliche I know... but it's the truth...

and I'm scared to talk to him b/c what if he's got no interest at all? I'd be completely crushed... and I SO don't want to sit here and wonder about it...

I need to think this thru... I need an answer-- but's it's really hard when I don't know what the question is. I just wish he'd quit playing with my mind and ask me out or just tell me that he wants nothing to do with me.

Who knew that the guy that spends time after school playing kickball with a bunch of little kids while they wait for their parents to come, could twist my mind like this??????????
    Last edited by Stolen; 10-05-04 at 11:45 PM.

-Henry Kissinger

-Tania

if you feel that strongly about him, just go up to him and talk to him. you don't have to wait for him to do anything if you can't play hard to get. how old is this guy? age matters too i think. some guys are clueless when it comes to girls. they could be thinking about the basketball playoffs altogether. just be around him more if you think he's not going to do anything. at least you can see him when you feel you have to. and ya you do run the risk of him not being interested if you play hard to get, but that's all part of the game. don't let this guy take over your mind. be nice and pretend he's a good friend of yours. try to pretend you don't like him in that way. be someone he can hang out with.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Okay, I'm going to ask him out... on a simple casual date. How's that sound??

It doesn't seem desperate, and it's not something were I will have to get all dressed up and blah blah blah.... so here I go.... let's just hope that this goes well...

-Henry Kissinger

-Tania

No. Go get some ass ! have sex with him ! If I was him I would appreciate it LOL

LOL... I would never do anything like that... I'm too young. I want to wait until I'm married.

But, I did ask him out for friday night... and let's just say I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M GOING TO WEAR!! omg.. I called him today and was like, "Uh.. Josh, what are you doing Friday?" and yeah.. it was easy after that!!! I'm so excited!! He said that he wants to but, he has to make sure that he can... Hopefully his parents won't come up with anything!! I can't believe I actually asked him out.. I'm glad I did.

-Henry Kissinger

-Tania

Alright girl! I'm happy for you. Sometimes stepping outside our shell is the only way to go (as I've learned). Enjoy your date!

ARGH!!! I wish I COULD enjoy the date-- HE CANCELLED... he has to go to some wedding thingy and he didn't ask abnout going for another time... I've already expressed my interest.. it's up to him now.... Or should I say something? I don't think I should... like I said... it's his turn.

-Henry Kissinger

-Tania

How old are you, stolen ? And where are ya ? Maybe I might take you out on a date.

Well, I'm genuinely flattered...
    But, I'm in Virginia and you're 4 years older than me.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Sometimes I wish that there was someway to get into his head and know exactly what he thought about me. I really have liked him for a long time and I'm really just upset about all this. Why's he doing this? If he doesn't like me can't he just say so? (& vice versa..) I'm always straight forward in situations like this... Why aren't people straight forward with me? Why can't he just talk to me?

-Henry Kissinger

-Tania

I used to be like that - I was super shy - sometimes i still am - maybe he is shy - or maybe he doesnt want to hurt you - or maybe he doesnt want to move too fast --- the only way for you to really know is ask him.

But, generally, I'm shy too... I can't bring myself to talk to him about this... every1 says that I should.. and I know ya'll are right... but, I just... I rarely get a moment to talk to him privately and when I do... I just can't form words... maybe I should call him again... Or get someone to talk to him... no, I don't want there to be a middle-man... things always get messed that way

-Henry Kissinger

-Tania

middle men are bad - just talk to him - at some point in your life you will learn to not be so shy - why not start now ? The sooner your shyness leaves the sooner you will be a happier person

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast