+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendship ending because of wanting more..

Friendship ending because of wanting more..

Two of my friendships recently ended because they wanted more then friendship. Is it normal for guys to randomly not want to be friends with you anymore cause of not dating them? this has never happened to me before. can anyone try to explain this please

Thru my 20s if was hard for me to maintain plutonic relationships with a girl. Flame on. That is if I was sexually attracted to them. Guys already have friends. They don't need more friends to hang out with. What they want is something more from a cute girl. Things change once you mature of course.
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

agreed^
    i dont become friends with a girl to just be friends. well with a girl im attracted to atleast.
    iv become friends with some girls but dont really hang out with them.

AGREED... if im sexually attracted to a lass, then its normal to want to 'get in there'. if she says no, then i may as well go try elsewhere...
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If the guy keeps pushing boundaries, sometimes its necessary to push back. At that point one discovers the real meaning of their 'friendship'. Those who aren't really wanting friendship will usually make themselves scarce shortly after.

A true friend will respect your boundaries & be able to keep the friendship. Not too many can do that, tho. Usually, they're just after sex. Or, in some cases, they just like you too much to be satisfied with 'just friends'. Keep in mind that its okay for ppl to be honest & decide that friendship just isn't a good idea, or too hurtful to one or both people. This is especially true for exes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Why should a guy want to be good friends with the gilr? It would be one sided blabbering and you can't talk about technology or games. Give me a good ****, then I can put up with your blabla.
    Don't expect anything.

I like being friends with guys...they tend to be more interested in politics than most girls i know. I think girls and guys can be friends without wanting more. The exception are exes. If a guy befriends you with ulterior motives and you don't like them more than friends then just leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    I like being friends with guys...they tend to be more interested in politics than most girls i know. I think girls and guys can be friends without wanting more. The exception are exes.
    Most guys won't be friends with a girl they wouldn't ****.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You really like arguing with me, don't you? You know what they say...when there is hate, there's love.

But fine, if thats really the case. But in the female perspective, not every guy we befriend are romantic interests. I guess, we have a lot of rejecting to do. However, from my experience, after I reject a guy, they never want to leave and usually wants to stay friends with me.

You really like arguing with me, don't you? You know what they say...when there is hate, there's love.
    Don't flatter yourself. I like arguing with everyone.

But fine, if thats really the case. But in the female perspective, not every guy we befriend are romantic interests. I guess, we have a lot of rejecting to do. However, from my experience, after I reject a guy, they never want to leave and usually wants to stay friends with me.
    They want to stay friends because they think there's a chance they could get you in the future.

Don't flatter yourself. I like arguing with everyone.
    That could be one of the causes of your failed relationship with your ex.

They want to stay friends because they think there's a chance they could get you in the future.
    Thanks, I'm flattered.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're right because you said "most"

That could be one of the causes of your failed relationship with your ex.
    How many times do I have to say that I use this message board as a way to vent and argue since I don't do this in real life?

I never argued with my ex, so I can assure you that it wasn't the reason we broke up.

Stamps a [Disagree] mark and walks off.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most guys won't be friends with a girl they wouldn't ****. Unless they are ugly but have hot friends, or are gay.
    Fixed your post, Cain. For Lipp.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast