+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure where I stand, just wanting some fun

Not sure where I stand, just wanting some fun

Hello,

So after a fairly painless breakup with my girlfriend of two years I decided that what I needed was some fun. My relationship before this one left me with some issues that I didn't find out about until getting into this new relationship which kind of lead to the breakdown of it in the end.

Anyway I have decided that what is best for me to do is to remain single, build my confidence back up and just have some fun.

This has been going well, met some new people, chatted up a few girls. Nothing really serious just being a bit more flirty than I usually am and making an effort to talk to people really.

Well the other week I bumped into somebody I had met several years ago in a club and we arranged to meet up one day. We caught up, spoke about how things have been going, etc.

Anyway bumped into her again the other night when I was out and we got talking, we made plans to meet up in the week and then later on she made a move on me in the club we were in and long story short she ended up coming back to mine and we had sex.

Well I am quite shocked at myself really as this is not something I ever do. We still met up in the week, things were a little bit awkward at first but not too bad. I couldn't stay out too long as I had to go home but she came with me for a drink and we sat down on the sofa together and talked for a bit then started making out, nothing else happened and then I dropped her off home a bit later.

I have told her that I am just wanting to have some fun at the moment and not looking for anything as I have had a pretty stressful year. Her answer is that is what she is here for, but I don't want to feel I am leading her on.

As nice as she is, she is not my type and I am nowhere near ready for a serious relationship. I am determined to remain single for a while as I know I am not 100% over my ex. But I am not sure what is currently going on and I don't know how best to handle it either, she is good fun to be with and if she is in this for the same reasons as me and just to have a bit of fun then I don't have a problem but I don't want to hurt her if she is wanting something more.

Has anybody else been in a similar situation? How best to handle this?

I am quite confused to be honest, thanks for any advice,

S

I guess all I'd say is, go with the flow. You gotta get this outta your system, have fun, see what else is out there - & this girl has done exactly what she was 'needed for'. She knows where she stands, as you made it clear in the beginning. Unless she has actually said she wants more, just play the game & enjoy being single. If she says she wants more, then, thats the discussion you need to have when that time comes. You may feel like you are leading her on, but you have made it clear from the beginning - which is what most blokes don't do - so top marks! x

Have fun, I'm not yet at that stage, still too early to go out & meet new people, I'm sure that time will come for me. Don't feel bad in any way, just look back on it & smile (if it was good of course ). I'm sure you'll get the hang of what people call my way 'f*cking and chucking' haha xx
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anon

Thank you, that makes me feel better

It's true I do need to get it out of my system as it is something I have never done.

Thanks again,

S

Enjoy & have fun - just don' think too much into it - or about it! xx
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anon