+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What kind of game is this?!

What kind of game is this?!

I've been trying to get to know this girl I like for the past 3 months. We only have contact through MSN and text messaging. At one time we had finally made plans to hangout, but she had to postpone them because she was going out of town. Later we continued to chat but I didn't mention re-scheduling the hangout. I was going to wait it out a bit...

We had our best conversations on MSN. It was just easier that way, but then I noticed she wasen't online anymore. After 2 weeks i messaged her and asked whats up and she informed me that her router was messed up. Continued to chat again via text message, and it was always positive.

I felt I should mention hanging out again, and text messaged her just that. Asked if she was doing anything this upcoming weekend, and mentioned that she should indeed be doing something with me! Two days pass and I receive no response. I had a feeling she was not getting my text messages because it has happened before. I have noticed this girl is honest, so I doubted that she would have ignored the invitation. I text her again but about something totally off the topic of hanging out. It took her 36 hours, but she did respond to that message.

I can understand her NOT being interested and ignoring my hang-out invitation but then why would she respond to something completely off topic afterwards? I would imagine that if one person was trying to make an advance on a person, and this person wasen't interested they wouldn't continue to message them and chat.

So I ask what do you make of this situation? Is it possible that she DIDNT get my invitation message, and I am worried over nothing? If she wasen't interested, and wanted to ignore my invitation why would she continue to message me at all?

Ohh... sometimes I wish I really wasen't into this girl. I've put more effort in trying to get to know her then pretty much any other girl I've ever known. Something about this one...

I dont think that she wasnt able to receive your message. It just that she dont want to go with you hanging out. Some girls are like that. They dont reply messages when it is about the two of you but when it is about other things they reply...

You have no choice but to move on. She did not reply your invitation means she doesnt like you.

Well how can I find out if I'm wasting my time then? I would love to get a straight answer from her, but I have no idea on how to approach it... especially through text messaging!

She has to know I am interested in her. I think I've made that quite clear. If she has no interest in actually doing anything with me, but still decides to reply to other messages then I beleive she is playing a real sick game with me.

EDIT : I should also mention that even though I originally had a crush on her when I didn't know her at all, I never really made any attempts to get to know her. It was only after she contacted me that I thought it might be something to act on.