+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What originally brought you to LF?

What originally brought you to LF?

What originally brought you to Love Forum? Were you in a bad relationship and needing advice? Bored and randomly came upon this site?

Just curious
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Someone started a thread just like this not too long ago.

But since it would probably be filled with older posters now, this will suffice.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Double Post:

Oh, and I joined LF way back when because I was banned after posting a somewhat racist comment on a videogame forum.

I needed to pick on some people to feel better about my micropenis.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was bored at work and decided to indulge my then hobby of provoking people over the internet. I think "Love Forum" just sounded like it might be rich pickings. So I joined as a troll.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I came here to gloat.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Needed first date advice...with a she-devil. Why I'm still around, I have no clue.

Lol...you guys are silly....well I originally joined back in January when my ex and I were having problems because he had went to California for a few weeks and we fought like everyday. So I googled "advice forums" and on the side there was a list of related sites and one said "love advice forums". SO I clicked it and came here and read you guys' post so I could see how helpful you had been to others and see if they were advice that really made sense to me and I liked it. So I joined, asked for advice, got my advice, used it, and it worked.

Then it went back downhill and we arent together anymore lol. That was like a week or two ago though.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I joined back when my ex and I were first having problems... we had an iffy relationship for the first three months. No one replied. Assholes.

Eventually Giga and I started talking through PMs and she gave me advice. Then I disappeared for a while and came back. And everyone fell in love with me because I'm ****ing awesome.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I came across this site out of boredom. I was spending a lot of time at home while we were trying to get my daughter's seizures under control. Now I'm hooked.

I lurked until some creepy guy was talking about having sex with his underage neice or some such crap, and one of the posters (lovelylady) pissed me off by being overly sympathetic about it, so I joined to yell at her.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I joined as an experiment. I had heard of these online forums & did an internet search & found this place. I had no idea what to expect.

Eventually I liked enough of the posters that I put up a real problem. The answers were phenomenally helpful so I felt I should pay it forward.

That account is dead, btw. Hence the 'reloaded' part of my SN.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I basically came on here because I needed validation. It really was a minor issue but I didn't want to discuss it with friends so I thought I would come here to post.

I got the answer and subsequent result I was after.

I signed up a little over a year ago to ask for post-break-up advice (and then I got hooked). LF is the best advice forum I've been to. Its amazing how fast people respond. Starbuck, thanks for posting this thread. It's a reminder of just how awesome Lf members are.

Well, even though people here tend to give good advice, I believe one's ultimate goal should be to build up one's judgment to a point where one is confident about it, but not arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Well, even though people here tend to give good advice, I believe one's ultimate goal should be to build up one's judgment to a point where one is confident about it, but not arrogant.
    I agree...and I think that comes with experience. It's like trying to learn a language in a classroom. Sure some can, but it doesn't beat moving to a country and being forced to understand it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast