+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could birth control cause a woman to be distant, emotionally shut off and unhappy?

Could birth control cause a woman to be distant, emotionally shut off and unhappy?

My girlfriend always said she had issues with birth control screwing with her body/head. She said one pill brand at some point made her cry unexplainabley over a tv commercial! If birth control made her do that is it possible that a different brand could be making her emotionally shut off and distant?

I recently broke it off with her but we talked about it and she is thinking of stopping the pill all together because she just doesn't know why she is feeling the way she is and why she behaves how she does. She knows I'm amazing and likes me but just doesn't get why she is feeling so distant. We have great chemistry and a sexual connection but sometimes she just shuts off out of nowhere! And the one time she ever didn't take the pill she said she felt great.

So is it possible the pill could be doing this to her?

Well if you think about it logically it is quite possible.

The pill is effecting hormones so it could have a reaction with her personality.

Why doesn't she stop the pill and use alternate contraception? You will soon find out if it is the pill causing the behaviour.

It's definitely possible. The thing Idon't understand is what you mean when you said the one time she didn't take it, she felt great. Are you talking about her just missing a day? Or do you mean she was completely off?

I'm afraid to use birth control. I rather condoms. Birth controls do have side effects, and I'm already a natural bitch....no need to put the bitch level any higher lol

Oh...btw.....Bitch for me means

B-eautiful
    I-ndividual
    T-hat
    C-auses
    H-ard-ons

Teehee
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I'm afraid to use birth control. I rather condoms.
    ..and how's that workin' for ya Nisha

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    ..and how's that workin' for ya Nisha
    Its working out quite fine actually. I hope you arent referring to my daughter in your post.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Its working out quite fine actually. I hope you arent referring to my daughter in your post.

I was being very tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    I was being very tongue in cheek.
    Ah I see. It's fine. Sorry Im easily offended and over sensitive now....Mother Nature has visited

Ah I see. It's fine. Sorry Im easily offended and over sensitive now....Mother Nature has visited

I know what that's like!

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    It's definitely possible. The thing Idon't understand is what you mean when you said the one time she didn't take it, she felt great. Are you talking about her just missing a day? Or do you mean she was completely off?
    At one point she went off of it for about a month or two and she said she felt better in her life than ever before. Mentally and physically I'm assuming. So she said she will try this. Because if this IS the cause then it's detrimental to our relationship. (I mean I already had it up to here with this unexplainable behavior that I broke up with her last night [tho we talked it out and decided for her to try this] and I've been SOOO patient for 4 months straight!) Because we are a great match but her weird moods and distant ways at the moment are just hampering her from being what she wants to be towards me. (her words not mine)

Also, how quickly should I expect to see a change (if any) after she stops taking the pill. When will her body go back to normal? A week? Month? She is on her no-pill week this week (period) so I don't expect miracles in the next week atleast lol. Thx!
    Last edited by CompletePimp; 29-09-08 at 03:09 PM.

So is it possible the pill could be doing this to her?
    I think so. Pills when taken do have a side effects. It can cause mental distress.Why not have the withdraw method? The only effect of it is that, you will become forgetfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by agatha View Post
    Why not have the withdraw method? The only effect of it is that, you will become forgetfulness.
    ...and pregnant.

Maybe I misunderstood?