+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Looking for a guys perspective...he loves me but im not his gf...

Looking for a guys perspective...he loves me but im not his gf...

Hi!!! I definitely need a guy's perspective because I am CONFUSED! I have been dating my guy for 7 months now. Since the day we met we hav pretty much been inseperable. We talk every day and I care for him deeply. He tells me he loves me and I have even met his parents and most of his friends. However---he insists that although we are seeing eachother exclusively, he does not want to call me his girlfriend and when I have asked him he says he doesnt really know why. It just really confuses me because on the surface everything seems so great. He has even expressed to me that he can see us getting married down the road and having kids etc. He also had not introduced any other girls to his parents in like 10 years---and introduced me to them and I have now met them several times. He never hesitates to tell me he loves me. All his friends know we are dating. Yet, when I am introduced to people or in conversation he never refers to me as his girlfriend. At first it was hard for me to accept but I have gotten used to it by now. I guess I am just looking for some male perspective on WHY he is like this. I appreciate any wisdom you can give me and also advice for how to proceed. lol

I'd say he's either keeping his options open, or he has some sort of problem with the word "girlfriend". (Maybe you are too old to be calling each other "girlfriend and boyfriend"?)

Of course, I'm not male.

EDIT - I see you've posted 2 additional threads on this same topic... you really need not bother. Everyone pretty much reads everything.
    Last edited by shh!; 01-10-08 at 09:01 AM.

i keep thinking he is keeping his options open too but it doesn't make sense then why he is telling me that he loves me and with me every single day and so sweet to me. ya know? like some other perfect girl is going to come along who is better than me? I dunno I think about it all the time.

It could be that you are simply another option that he doesn't want to mess up.

Hmmmm tricky one here, I'm a female so... take the advice lol. What it seems here is maybe something went wrong in his last relationship and dosen't want it to be an "official" girlfriend status right now, YES hes saying he loves you and, but maybe he dosen't want the "pressure" of you being his "girlfriend". Some guys are like that they want the whole lovey dovey girl on there side, but just don't want the whole "girlfriend" thing. See its very confusing even to explain this because its from a man's brain. But I think right now you should just go with the flow and let things happen, Im sure he will eventually come around, hes obviously very sensitive and such and maybe you should just let him say what he wants to say (the whole not saying "girlfriend") and such. Just be glad that you have someone like this, in time he will come around hun (hopefully) but one more thing, do not put your heart out there completely because stuff happens, and this situation seems very rocky.

goodluck!!