+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Huge relationship dilemma

Huge relationship dilemma

Hi all,

First time poster here.

I was happily with my girlfriend of over 2 years when I took my parents car into her parents workshop to get a few repairs done (upon her recommendation). Long story short, they messed up the car even further and the mechanic recommended I take it elsewhere and another workshop promptly fixed all problems.

Now the problem started when daddy gave her a massive invoice ($750) (for even more than the 2nd workshop) when they did absolutely zero work at all.

She presented it, justified it away and I just said screw it. Take your money and I left the relationship. Now she's saying she felt really guilty about it, tried to reason with her dad not to overcharge us and wishes she could go back in time and change things.

But the thing she fails to admit is that her dad was malicious. She knows he wasn't negligent, but said she doesn't want to speculate as to why he did what he did. I don't think it's greed here. It was also a fairly blank relationship between her father and I, not much was said between us. No fighting or smiles either.

She has showed complete loyalty to her dad, at best simply admitting that he didn't act right by giving it, but he probably had a reason to. She also doesn't want to bring it up with him unless we get back together because she doesn't want to guilt him with the fact that he broke up her relationship.

Both myself and my family have given her a great deal in the time we've been together and I'm wondering if an all out daddys girl who believes daddy can do no wrong is capable of loyalty to anyone else, especially over her dad.

Tough situation. Any help, questions, answers, insights, whatever would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds to me like her dad doesn't like you and is stirring shit.

I mean come on, a ridiculous overpriced bill while messing up your car. If anything he should feel guilty and apologize if he liked you.

Seems to big a mess up to be innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by kene View Post
    Sounds to me like her dad doesn't like you and is stirring shit.

I mean come on, a ridiculous overpriced bill while messing up your car. If anything he should feel guilty and apologize if he liked you.

Seems to big a mess up to be innocent.
    Certainly not innocent. But she refuses to admit that it was malicious. She tried to pass it off as negligence, which didn't last very long. Now she's sticking to, "I don't want to speculate, it could've been anything".

Definitely not innocent though. I'm more suprised at her steadfast defence of him, almost unwilling to accept that daddy can do a wrong.