+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love REALLY is Blind..

Love REALLY is Blind..

Not to brag about myself, but I'm going to make a contrast between my ex (whom I am still in love with) and myself, just to show how blind love really is.

I was a good student in school- had honours, won a $50,000 scholorship to college, was in Officer training in the Army, play competitive sports (soccer, horseback riding, softball, swimming), have a great job in the Environmental sector, and am very close with all my friends and family.

Yet I am head over heels in love with a guy who has done every drug imagineable, has dealt drugs, knows how to make certain drugs, smokes weed everyday, got kicked out of school in grade 8, never got his high school diploma, has 2 kids he doesn't look after, still lives with his mother, has no car, doesn't have a driver's license, only cares about himsellf, AND can barely hold a job.

When I look at what I just wrote it's laughable, but I guess you can't help the way your heart feels. It makes the break-up a little easier to bear when I look at the overall picture =)

Having been a bartender I saw an obscene case of a guy that had some things going for him head over heals with a gal such a massive cut below.

She was clearly unattractive, he called her gorgeous.

She was a GRANDMOTHER at age 30, he came a rich family.

It was so bizarre.

Sometimes your emotions are just uncontrollable. Logic side of the brain succumbs.

It's sort of like when your heart takes over your brain fails to function correctly. You put the person up on a pedastal when they really, really don't belong there.

Everybody loves a bad boy. Maybe you were living out what you couldn't/didn't do with him.