+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am clueless

I am clueless

I am in a fix here. Dont really know what to do ?

lately my gf has been busy and swamped with work and that is affecting our relationship a lot.earlier we used to talk on phone for hours but not it lasts only for a few mins.Nowdays she gets irritated quickly and gets angry over small issues.I also asked her that why is she acting like this and she says its just due to the work load.

whenever i talk to her at night she talks for a few mins then dozes off but when her office mates call her she chats up with them all night long.

I don't know why is she doing this ?

Is she trying to test me or what ?

I know how this feels. She might be one of those people who does not want to be tied to their significant other. I know this because my ex and I would talk on the phone for hours till she got swamped with school and life. It would seem that you are more attached to her than she is to you.

Take my word for it because I have dated someone like this, but use your own discretion. It might be counter intuitive, but keep yourself busy and give her less attention. Keep in touch with her to at least let her know you're still in her life, but let her do her own thing. She will come around for attention eventually. Don't push for the attention though, just let it come.

It sounds like she is just obsessed with work right now. There must be alot of drama there for her to be letting it spill over into her downtime. She's caught up in it and not realizing that it's affecting her relationship with you.

I agree with Krondragon about not pushing her though. Instead of trying to communicate with her over the phone, why not just take her out where you can get her full attention? Maybe you two just need more face time, literally.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I would be prepared for anything bad that may go down as well. I guess bad shouldn't be the word, more like a speed bump. If she needs space to focus on her work and she explicitly says it, just be prepared to give it to her.