+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Suggestions for long distance relationship

Suggestions for long distance relationship

Hello,

I just met this guy, actually we knew each other for some months but never really talked, he seemed growingly interested, finally he made a move, and it was sort of great, but I am not sure because it was only for a few days.
    Now he is leaving for 4 months for a job, after that he should be coming back, do you have any suggestions about what can I do to keep his interest high?
    I am very afraid he is going to go with somebody else or just to make the wrong moves, and I really would like to allow this thing to grow, but how? apart from offering phone sex and trying not to be sticky.
    He is much younger than me (I am 8!! years older, although I look much younger and he thinks it's only 6 years) still he's 28 and he seems to know what he's doing, but still..

PS he was always attentive since I met him, affectionate, said he really liked me and that I was somebody very special for him (? could never understand what that one means), BUT cheated on his previous girlfriend, although he left her 2 months after cheating, and this AFTER meeting me, so maybe he wasn't that much into me after all, or just got distracted?

PPS other paranoia: we both live and work in a small research center, and if he is coming back we are going to be stuck in the same small environment for years - I had the impression that he just wanted to "book" me for when he comes back, so that he has a partner, because it's convenient (there are not many interesting women around) how do I make sure he doesn't have fishy hidden goals? I don't want to have a relationship just for convenience, I want LUUUUVE...

thanks for your guy's advice :-)
    Last edited by FunnyEyes; 05-10-08 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added more

Hey there,

Have you thought of maybe buying a web cam and suggesting he do the same?

My boyfriend is stationed a couple states away and we web cam every night. I'm not saying use it for "sex" purposes.. that's really the last thing you should be thinking about. But it really helps to a certain extent because you're "there" without being "there", does that make sense?

-MP

Oops! I just realized this was in the "Ask a male" section.. I'm not a male, sorry! Mods delete if I wasn't supposed to post!
    Last edited by MilitaryPride; 05-10-08 at 11:00 AM.

Hey! I am not sure he is into that, he doesn't stay much in front of the computer, even the previous one was a long distance thing, and I ve never seen him even chatting..